ZU Bladeworx/Tashi Collab - Midtech Overdrive

Edit, on hold until we await new proposed laws from Australian Customs.

Attachments

• Overdrive.jpg
    Overdrive.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
That is a great looking design man! I really love the lines of it in particular!

Are you going to be using thicker stock like you do in your fixed blades or have you decided on that yet? Seems like this might benefit from somewhat thinner stock, especially with that nice high blade and flat grind.

Hope this isn't going to be too hard to get here in the states...

Thanks Charr. Tashi gets all the design credit on this one. Stock will be way thinner than our fixed blades. Blade is about 0.18inch if I remember correctly. Easy to get in the US, but you may have to get it direct from us. Our European dealer sells out of our gear but our US customers come direct. We just sent a few pieces to Fort Bragg actually.

Thanks Charr. Tashi gets all the design credit on this one. Stock will be way thinner than our fixed blades. Blade is about 0.18inch if I remember correctly. Easy to get in the US, but you may have to get it direct from us. Our European dealer sells out of our gear but our US customers come direct. We just sent a few pieces to Fort Bragg actually.

Tashi has some great designs, but this one also does still feel like yours, looking at your previous work that I can find. That blade designs sounds like it should produce a great functional folder, especially in 3V. Gives you great toughness to support a better edge, and its still very easy to maintain that edge.
Any ideas on blade finishes? I know I might be ahead of myself here, but can you blame me? ;)

Glad to hear that it should work out for US buyers. I definitely know I would love to get one of these depending on the price point (which I will be waiting ever-so-impatiently to hear about :D), and it's great to see you guys working into so many markets.

This looks really nice, subscribed for more info! Looks like the estimated price will be around $550AUD (~$435 US). 4" is a bit large for me, but it looks like a really nice alternative to a SMF or Praetorian, so it's still really tempting!

Looks fantastic. I wish it had holes tapped for lefty carry though :(

Edit: Just noticed that the clip prevents this. Hmm. Well shucks haha

Very nice. It looks like a very detailed knife, and if the price mentioned (435$) is close to correct, that'd be an extremely nice offer.

What type of finish will the blade and frame have? Will the frame be colored?

Did you consider making it an integral, though? Most of the ZU Bladeworx knives are integral (Or that's what I associate ZU Bladeworx with.), and there aren't many integral production/midtech folders.

I can only think of the ones by Lionsteel, Spartan Blades Nymph, Carson Tech Granite, and the Anax by Microtech.

The current price range of the knife seems to indicate that you are going for the enthusiast knife collector/user, and while making it integral would most likely increase the price, I think it would make it even more desirable, and would make it even more unique. It also seems like it'd fit right in with your other offerings and what your design philosophy seems to be.

An integral, designed by Tashi, made by Zu Bladeworx, would be very nice.

Back