Zytel flashlight?

TAH

Gold Member
Who makes a high quality hand-held Zytel (or similar) flashlight? Something in the 4"-6" range. Not looking for an aluminum body.

The only one I've found is this one by Top Stryker at New Graham. I have no idea if it's any good.

LL1ZK2-B.jpg

Any thoughts?

Surefire G2. Nitrolon body, which is more or less plastic. Very durable stuff though. With your standard P60 drop-in, it can pop out 60 incan lumens OTF, I believe. It employs a lexan lens though, but I have yet to have any problems with it.

Surefire, Pelican, Streamlight, and Nforce are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. The Surefire G2 is probably the most popular of the bunch.

+1 to a surefire G2/G3 or G2Z, they work great on cold nights, are real light weight and don't get scratched.

Keep in mind SF now uses an aluminum head, unless you find a very old model.

Surefire G2 incan lives in my glove box... Don't ask me why it hasnt been replaced/udated with a LED.

Keep in mind SF now uses an aluminum head, unless you find a very old model.
That's only for the G2L, the g2 and g3 incans come with a nitrolon head, you can switch out the aluminium head for a nitrolon head anyway, although there will be a slight drop in lumens because of the p60L's thermal regulator.

Back