Zytel from Heaven

So I didn't JUST get the new zytel scales I've had them now for a few days but I am just getting around to snapping a couple pics and evaluating how I feel about them:
BK14: Roughly $33
Zytel Scales: Roughly $13
Buying about $50 of steel and scales and feeling like you have at least $100 dollars worth of knife: Priceless

I LOVE these new scales. They feel so silky and they are rounded JUST right and they make the BK14 a whole new beast. Now all I need is some kydex for her...Oh yeah! I have an order in with Godspeed right now for a matching orange kydex sheath! Pics when it arrive, but for now, some BK-Pron to hold over the masses.
IMG_4376.jpg

IMG_4377.jpg

IMG_4378.jpg

IMG_4379.jpg

I purposefully made the lanyard just big enough for my pinkie to sit in if I'm using the 14 in an unstable environment and retention is an issue. Is anyone else ecstatic over these handles? I know I am :)

1.) The puns are terrible.
2.) The Mastercard "Priceless" lines are terrible.
3.) The scales are indeed awesome.

I think those scales put the BK14 into a whole new category of knife. It keeps its "neck knife" pedigree, but moves into the small big knife arena. The only way I can describe it, is, by calling it a miniature Clydesdale.

So far, I haven't managed to damage them, by smacking them around with a baton, but I'm betting if I freeze them, I can get them to shatter like glass. Who knows.

I won't freeze them, but I do think it has a valid point for those that live in the snowy, cold abyss.

Glad you like them.

Moose

I think those scales put the BK14 into a whole new category of knife. It keeps its "neck knife" pedigree, but moves into the small big knife arena. The only way I can describe it, is, by calling it a miniature Clydesdale.

So far, I haven't managed to damage them, by smacking them around with a baton, but I'm betting if I freeze them, I can get them to shatter like glass. Who knows.

I won't freeze them, but I do think it has a valid point for those that live in the snowy, cold abyss.

Glad you like them.

Moose

Do it! Ya know ya wanna!

Back