“Forum” button crashing Internet Explorer on 2 computers.

Trail Edge

BANNED
I have been noticing for the past few days that when I am in a forum logged in (not sure if not logged in) that I can maneuver through the pages fine through my subscribed links page, but when I want to get to the main menu under “forum” when I click the forum button my internet explorer (IE) “dose not respond” and ends up locking me out of IE causing me to have to close the program. I have had the same problem on 2 computers one running XP and the other one running Win 7, but both using IE.
Thanks for your help
Trail Edge

Simple solution, stop using IE. Both Firefox and Google Chrome are great, Opera is good too even Safari is way better, Internet explorer is a joke.

At least one member has reported that IE 9 works also. I don't generally use it (normally use Firefox, on Win7 64-bit system), but I just loaded up IE 9 and don't see any issues with the 'Forum' tab. Loaded quick.

Others have been reporting issues with IE 8 especially. It's a known bug with that browser.

google chrome is where its at, I had a problem with the forum until i got Chrome, and i its a lot better.

I dunno. I normally use Firefox on a Win XP Pro machine, but I just logged in using IE8 with no problems.

I saw the page was down today for an IE bug. Maybe they addressed this issue as well?

If that was the bug they were chasing, I don't think they caught it. Mine is still hanging loading that page.

How bout just upgrading?

IMO this is usually a downhill slide for forums when you have to use a different browser just to make the forum actually work. Im having problems with this forum, including the crashing the OP mentioned, usings AOL's 9.6 desktop. I also frequent quite a few other forums and dont have problems with them, why should i load up a new browser just so i can use this forum?

IMO this is usually a downhill slide for forums when you have to use a different browser just to make the forum actually work. Im having problems with this forum, including the crashing the OP mentioned, usings AOL's 9.6 desktop. I also frequent quite a few other forums and dont have problems with them, why should i load up a new browser just so i can use this forum?

The term used in this case is called a "workaround". When the is a problem with software, you do whatever you need to "work around" the problem until the problem is identified and corrected (fixed). Saying this ia a downhill slide is a bit overdramatic. In this case, Spark dove in and attempted a fix, but some are reporting a bit of continued trouble. In addition, if other members are NOT having problems with IE9, Chrome, FireFox, etc. what is the point in suffering needlessly? A solution is there, and proven to work. I too am a member at various other forums, but I like this particular forum and I chose to do what I needed to do to continue to visit here problem free. Whatever you choose is your own prerogative

How's this for a 'workaround'? There's always another option... At the bottom of each page, just above the Quick Reply text box on the right side is a drop down menu marked Quick Navigation. It lists all the forums as links and you can scroll through the list with no hang ups using IE8. :)

If the Forum button is a problem, what about the Forum Categories button (which is what I use anyway)?

Back