• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

”Bengal” in Twisted Ribbon

SOLD

"Bengal" in Twisted Ribbon - part of the Ultimate Predator Series

1024ImageBengalTwistedLeftVerticalM.jpg

This is my “Bengal” design and this time I put my “Twisted Ribbon” file work on it. This design leaves the file work exposed on the spine but contrary to what you might think, it doesn’t affect the feel in the hand at all. The piece that appeared in Blade Magazine’s Knifemaker Showcase (Dec 09 current issue) has the more traditional Vine & Thorn pattern on the entire spine. I enjoy doing either pattern but the Twisted Ribbon takes much longer to do when you’re doing it along the entire spine of a knife. I prefer to use Desert Ironwood for handle material on these knives and the name was derived from the tiger striped piece used for handles on the original piece.

Note: as a result of the piece in Blade Magazine, I'm now taking orders for additional pieces. If you are interested in being put on the list, email me at info@jarrettknives.com
If you prefer, I can do the bolsters in other metals (nickel silver, brass, mokume) and I will consider other premium woods or possibly walrus ivory (priced accordingly).

SPECS

OAL: 9 1/8”
Blade: 4 1/2” Flat Grind; hand rubbed mirror finish; beautiful Hamon line; RC58-59
Blade Steel: 1095 High Carbon Steel differentially heat treated
File Work: My own "Twisted Ribbon"
Handle: Hand rubbed Desert Ironwood
Bolsters: 416 Stainless Steel
Pins: 1/8" Mosaic
Sheath: : Deer Skin Lined 6-7oz Premium tooling leather by maker

1024ImageBengalTwistedFullSpine2.jpg

1024ImageBengalTwistedLeftHandle.jpg

1024ImageBengalTwistedFullSpine.jpg

1024ImageBengalTwistedRightHandle.jpg

1024ImageBengalTwistedLeftProfileMa.jpg

$465 ; includes Priority Shipping and insurance in the continental U.S.

International sales are very welcome but they must pay the exact shipping costs.

Paypal: paypal@jarrettknives.com

Thanks for taking a look. Please check out my web site as well.

Last edited:
I received my blade mag today and saw this knife and thought WOW!!!! Nice work Wayne.

Truly beautiful, my friend. A work of art in steel and wood. I absolutely love your file work and the twisted rope pattern is absolutely stunning. One day, my friend, one day. I'm setting aside some permanent savings for this baby should she ever come around again! Thanks, Wayne, for a stunning work of art and my most sincere congratulations for your recognition in Blade Magazine.

Thanks for the kind words gents. BTW -

Rick - We're planning on coming across the pond next spring. We have friends in Sawbridgeworth who've been asking us for years to visit.

Randy - Your B.A.D.K. is coming along nicely. Since it's so flippin' huge, I'm having to grind it in shifts to save my back! :eek:;)

That's a beauty for sure Wayne. Congrats on the Blade feature too, you more than deserve the recognition. I have a feeling you'd better be getting that back into shape.

Thanks Joe - that means a lot - much obliged.

And regarding the spine - If I'd have known what bucking horses, stunt work and other stupid stuff in my younger years would eventually lead to.....yeah, I wouldn't change a thing! :D

I've received several more orders for "Bengal's" so I thought I'd pop this back up one more time for good measure.

I love your twisted ribbon file work, Wayne! I treasure my twisted hunter more than you can imagine. Too bad you can't file a new spine! lol I'd order one from you, lol!

Thanks again, Cajunking.

And Randy, I suppose we're both a bit twisted up...yeah, a couple of "Twisted Cripples". Humm.....? What kind of knife do I have to design to use that name? No matter - thanks again for being too kind.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"I am Bear Claw Chris Lapp; bloodkin to the grizzer that bit Jim Britcher's ass! And YOU are molesting my hunt!"
from Jeremiah Johnson 1972

Back