“Cheap knives from overseas”

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do we feel about Chinese copies?

Now there’s a difference between checking out a $40 fake Benchmade and selling said Benchmade for real value. I’m not for selling fake as real. Or scamming others.

But several Chinese offerings from Microtech, Benchmade, ZT, ect. Knowing they are copies but curious kinda thing.

Just wanna hear ideas and what not. IF it’s ok here

Last edited:
Are you talking about fakes or knockoffs? They don't allow discussion of actual fakes here. If it's an obvious knockoff but not a 1:1 copy and has its own markings, discussion of those are allowed even if many people have issues with them (look at Microtech).

Guess more or less copies. Like I have a $20 “bugout” I got from Amazon. Solid black no decal if at all. But it’s OBVIOUSLY supposed to be a “bugout” for the price I really enjoy it.
pGFiGeU.jpg

Guess more or less copies. Like I have a $20 “bugout” I got from Amazon. Solid black no decal if at all. But it’s OBVIOUSLY supposed to be a “bugout” for the price I really enjoy it.
pGFiGeU.jpg
So you are asking on a knife forum, which includes individual knife makers and knife companies as members, what they think of people stealing their IP and trying to undercut them? What do you think the response will be?

So you are asking on a knife forum, which includes individual knife makers and knife companies as members, what they think of people stealing their IP and trying to undercut them? What do you think the response will be?
As a guitarist, and a seasoned musician with a background as both a touring and session musician. Who also builds guitars. I know well the debate of IP and what not. I also know how thin of a line it can be. You see it with guitars all the time. There’s inspiration, imitation, and straight up copying. Look at Gibson going after guitar companies that “look like” a Gibson. While pretty much every brand to ever exist has a “Stratocaster” like design.

I guess I was looking for conversation, the pros and cons, more in depth talk. As a knife guy who’s very recently started branching out and talking to other knife community.
But I guess here it’s more fun to be a dick and child like than have a reasonable adult conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back