“We Have A Winner”MR KNIFES Never ending GAW Round #32

The big box of knives came from AZCoyote AZCoyote late last night so I really didn’t look at it until today, UPS wasn’t genteel with the box at all, one corner was pushed in pretty good.
1758ECAC-6E55-4975-B4FB-9E6845EC197D.jpeg
Opened the box and all of the knives were well rapped and padded except for the wooden box had opened up and the knives that were in it were spread over the bottom of the box. Only one knife looked like it took some damage a small silver peanut sized knife I think it’s a Colonial from Providence RI, the side scale popped off.

Here are the contents of the box.
649449FA-F96D-41DC-B4E4-8E6C27BB1E50.jpeg
Myself and 2 of my Grandkids handled and inspected each and every knife and after a couple of hours decisions were made.

Here is what we are taking away from the box.
8744EB4A-7B23-42DC-8592-7E12B3605201.jpeg
What I chose was a very cool modified Opinel, if I remember correctly it was modded by @Gary W. Graley and the deck of cards, always have a deck with me camping and hunting. My 12 year old Granddaughter chose the RR Copper River knife and the wooden box (she has plans for it) and my 11 year old Grandson chose the Craftsman lockback, as I am posting this they are around the fire sharpening sticks for S’mores. I also chose the Buck fixblade for a coworkers son which is going on his 1st deer hunt this year.

Here is what I’m adding to the box.
360F0618-03C3-42F7-9A93-CE37F620DEE2.jpeg
1st a single AA cell LED flashlight, Not a high lumen light but great to navigate a dark house.
2nd a lightly used Buck 303 USA Stockman
3rd a Schrade Uncle Henry USA Stockman, Spey blade needs a little work.
4th a Sodbuster type knife made in Itaily.
5th a Marbles Jumbo Stag Trapper.

I will let this run until next Saturday and use a random name wheel to pick the winner. This will be open to all US entrants. Those who were entered in 31 will be added to this one, if your chose to be removed please let me know and I hope many more choose to play along.

1. P PirateSeulb
2. @seas165
3. JTB_5 JTB_5
4. @Ernie1980
5. S scattershot
6. @Hawk590
7. @Henry Beige
8. Pàdruig Pàdruig

Last edited:
Good choices and additions. I love that the kiddos were involved. Hopefully we can get a few more folks into the pool.

I'm glad the box-o-knives made it in one piece but that will probably be the last time I use ups to ship something valuable. One thing I will say is that the small silver peanut sized folder did have loose scales when I got it so it probably just got shaken loose during shipping. Most likely when it was added into the GAW it was added with the loose scales.

Some nice selections and great additions to the GAW. Thanks for keeping the GAW going!! Impressive how long this has been going on.

Very cool choices, and additions.
The craftsman rebrand imperial lockback is a nice knife , I had the imperial Backpacker version with no bolsters that was added and already taken from this box. ( still contemplating getting one of these Craftsman versions on Ebay)
That flashlight is something very interesting that I've never seen before.

The shell covers on that little imperial Jack will be easy to put back on if they haven't been already.
I've had them off multiple times, but I thought I had added some epoxy putty under them to make it feel a bit more solid.
I guess it was a different knife I had done that to.

chuck4570 chuck4570 Thank you so much for keeping this going, and congrats to S scattershot for winning this magnificent... dare I say "tradition", that has gone on for far longer than I could have imagined. I think it was in the "teens" when I was graced with The Box and to see it now going onto its 33rd round is inspiring. Congrats to you all!

I had been off for a while and was looking through threads is this the last update or am I missing a new thread?

Back