🔥⚔️ Wilson Diablochete Build

Sam Wilson

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Working on a stack of Diablochete's, so will post some of the in-progress photos so that those interested can follow along. Not everything is done in a linear fashion (there are always several knives in-progress on the bench), so there may be some time gaps while other things are worked on.

I profiled the blade, got the guard shoulders squared up, and had the blade heat treated. After it returned, I surface ground the blade and got it cleaned up and squared up, so everything will fit nice and neat.

poWOXaT.jpeg

Then it's onto the grinds. Rough grinds are laid in freehand, and then I go to finer grits and get all the lines crisp and clean up the plunges. Fresh off the grinder:

wJ6KRSy.jpeg

Sam

Been swamped with the P.A.C.K.Lite side of things, but got the Diablochete blade finish ground and then hand sanded. Hand sanding isn't necessary on a machete style blade that is going to be fully GunKoted, but it just makes it easier to make sure all of the lines line up, so to speak. It is also just a "rough" hand sand, not totally perfect. But again, inconsequential because we are about 2 or 3 grits past what will show after blasting and GunKoting.

QdHNih7.jpg

Sam🔥

Sam. ya got one of these finished yet? curious to see it with handle and ready to do work....

jbmonkey jbmonkey Not of this batch, getting prepped for Blade right now. Will resume on these right after I get back. Here are a couple of finished pics and a review (done by a gentleman who paid full price for his knife).

MJW8NOA.jpg

0V4QVrG.jpg

Sam
looks good there.

who's that hippie in the video?😁

Back