1,000 Post Giveaway - RAT firekit

I love dutch-oven pizza. The ingredients keep well so you can have it for dinner after you've been camping for a couple days (when everything tastes better anyway) and have an incredibly satisfying meal!

DSCN1989.jpg

DSCN1988.jpg

looks super tasty Im gonna have to try that!

this is from last year my 6 year old started the fire for the fitst time
just some chicken stew (big family)

2qwmp7o.jpg

Great contest!

Trout in the Steens in eastern Oregon:
IMGP3675.jpg

IMGP3676.jpg

Grilled SPAM on the Continental Divide:
spamholder-1.jpg

Low-tech hot dogs in Montana:
IMGP1118.jpg

Toterllini and sundried tomatoes in Alaska's Brooks Range:
IMGP2771.jpg

100.jpg

99.jpg

Bass & berries.

87.jpg

catails, tuber and head & berries
77.jpg

59.jpg

58.jpg

river snail and muscle ....berries.
R&P # 31

Last edited:
SatFeb06080527CST2010.jpg

Always pack hotdogs. Yum! There's something extra tasty about having them cooked outside.

Some pics from this weekend:

attachment.php

Baked beans, bread and grilled-on-a-stick venison sausage!!

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1113.jpg
    IMG_1113.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_1108.jpg
    IMG_1108.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 160
Thanks for the chance! :)

Nothing fancy, just some easy made soup ;)

DSCF1252.jpg

DSCF1254.jpg

DSCF1250.jpg

Quite interesting system to hang my cooking gear that time:

DSCF1253.jpg

Well friends I finally got around to going on a hike with my sidekick Socs and we had us a meal.

Here we are:

IMG_0194.jpg

IMG_0195.jpg

IMG_0193.jpg

IMG_0196.jpg

Socs got to the biscuits first:

IMG_0191.jpg

But I ended up getting it away from him:

IMG_0198.jpg

IMG_0199.jpg

P8220462.JPG

Wow...thats cheating. :) This one's gonna be tough guys. Short time left to enter.

If it matters, I have the firekit in hand now....and it's one of the new ESEE logo ones :)

They finally decided how to best reply to people asking where to get replacement rods... They now epoxy the rods in place :)

This was an impromptu mean I made with a bunch of stuff my buddy brought on the trip. I grilled some pork chops over the open fire then cut them up and added them to the black beans and rice. I also cooked a bunch of veggies up and threw them in.

Unfortunately it's been quite some time since I cooked some food out in the woods.

010-1.jpg

007-2.jpg

P8220462.JPG

Wow...thats cheating. :) This one's gonna be tough guys. Short time left to enter.

If it matters, I have the firekit in hand now....and it's one of the new ESEE logo ones :)

They finally decided how to best reply to people asking where to get replacement rods... They now epoxy the rods in place :)

Ha! You know supplies are getting low and a real survival situation is developing when the last bottle is almost empty :)

Awesome job by all. Now I'm really hungry.

Winner is Crowdog, contact me with an address :)

The snail and muscles were terrible, tasted like river water. The cattails were by far the most prevailent source of food, and with nearly the intire plant being ingestable and rather good tasting it was great. That fish I had attempted catching for two days, lol seriously I was hungry and lusting over that fish and then early one morning prior to light I got a strike and that quick he was mine. Im not a huge fan of fish but that was so flaked and tender, it tasted amazing.
thank you again dizwolf; great contest which brought out a ton of really good entries.

Back