$1,000 to spend and ya gotta buy a Clipped Knife, Slipjoint, Necker, and Backup

I'm just curious what you would buy if you had $1000 and had to re-equip your self for EDC, some of you guys will go the CRK&T route and pocket the change, but I'd really like to see you spend the grand and get the most for my money, also no Ebay bargins everything must be repeatable for anybody.

Well I'm off to look myself so I'll post my results later.

BTW if you could include where these fantastic deals are found I'd appreciate that info too.

Do our phone, PDA, light, pen, and other EDC items also have to fit under $1000? How about the folks who carry a gun every day?

Like it says in the subject,$1,000 to spend and ya gotta buy a Clipped Knife, Slipjoint, Necker, and Backup, only those edged items.

You say a backup, but you don't say what kind. Fixed, folder, anything?

For EDC I think I would go with a small or large Sebenza, Case Trapper, Simonich Bitteroot, Dozier Arkansas Toothpick and a 29 knives balisong.

Yeah...I after I picked your requirements I had about $400 left by my count and since I'm a balisong fan I had to add a nice one of those. Gosh....you can get a lot of good stuff for $1000!

If I wasn't going to include the balisong I might switch out that Dozier Arkansas Toothpic with a large Dozier folding hunter with mastadon ivory scales (always wanted something in mastadon ivory)

This is fun.....now when do I get my $1000? :)

Well, I'd probably go for a Simonich Bitteroot, Strider AR, and Rinaldi Enigma.

I'm a little unsure about a slipjoint. I'd have a litte more than $300 left, so I should be able to get a more inexpensive custom, but I don't know many slipjoint makers offhand to pick one.

Hmmmm, let's see... a "clipped knife", I'm assuming you mean a folder with a clip? I gotta go a DDR custom Maxx. Slipjoint? gotta go with a custom Dr. pattern with stag scales. (spatula of course) Necker? waiting for the BK-11. I probably don't have enough money left over for a back-up, but would probably go with a Dozier model 6. Looks like I gotta borrow about $400 over your $1000 limit though.

Originally posted by Mongo
... gotta go with a custom Dr. pattern with stag scales. (spatula of course) ...

Why a doctors knife, I really like the pattern, and it would have to have a pillbuster end, just curious.

Originally posted by Dcon67
I would probably go for these...Don Morrow slipjoint - http://www.morrowknives.com - $250-300 depending on style and handle material...

Man that Morrow slip is gorgeous, I love the file work
fp_080303_sm.jpg

Photo from Don Morrows website

Howdy T.E., Why the Dr. pattern? I have decided that I would like to collect stag handled spearpoint/spatula Dr. pattern slipjoints. I have two already, but they are not customs. I am a DVM, so I can "qualify" for the Dr. aspect. I just like the pattern and it's rich history. I've seen some Huffmans here that darn near made me mess myself when I saw the pics.
Every collector needs a goal.

Folder - Spyderco Military S30V PE - $100.00
Slipjoint - SAK - $30.00
Neck Knife - Spyderco Ronin - $100.00
Backup - Spyderco Perrin Street Bowie - $90.00

Total: $320.00

I would take the rest of the money and go buy a new Glock. The knives I listed are easily obtained without spending a fortune, while still being of extremely high quality. I actually carry this setup sometimes, and it does everything I want it to do.

I'd give my first $500 to Bill Harsey and ask him to make a folder with a pocket clip.

I'd send $100.00 to Rob Simonich for a para rescue crowfoot.

I'd send $300.00 to Howard Faucheaux and ask him to give me as much jigged bone slipjoint as that would buy.

I'd then get a SAK and beer.

Great thread hope you get your $1000 spent.

Back