• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

1/4" x 11/2" 1084 HAS ARRIVED!!

A new load of 1084 just arrived last Wednesday (10670 lbs), half of which has been shipped out.

Lengths are 1/4" x 11/2" x 4 ft.

Analysis:
C .89
Mg .90
P .017
S .016
Si .27
Ni .08
Cr .13
Mo .03

Bars are available for shipping in any amount. $3.25 per lbs. to 99 lbs. / $3.00 per lbs. from 100 to 299 lbs.

I can be reached at stovetop58@yahoo.com or at 201-637-1413.

Thank you,

Aldo Bruno

Got my 200lbs yesterday :thumbup: Guys, this is good stuff, high manganese for high contrast in damascus, will etch black. I like the .89 carbon also :thumbup:

Thanks very much Aldo

This stuff has more carbon than the 1095 I had analysed. (.88%) :-(
Something else to save up for. Is it hot rolled, cold rolled, or sheared from plate?

Phil,
It's all hot roll. NO PLATE!! It moves real nice under the hammer.

Don,
Good to hear that you got yours. Hope to be seeing some pieces from it real soon.

Aldo

Aldo,

just to let you know, I got mine yesterday - looks real nice! My email is acting up, so I thought I'd let you know this way!

Bill flynn

Ray, I ordered 200 lbs and got 40 bars. Good stuff, nice and flat, very thin scale . Square edges to, not the round edges like some of the old stuff, stacks up good in a billet.

W2 goes out the door......1084 come in the door......this is kind of a zero sum game for you, isn't it Don? :D
How many bars of the 1084 do you use fo a billet?

W2 goes out the door......1084 come in the door......this is kind of a zero sum game for you, isn't it Don? :D
How many bars of the 1084 do you use fo a billet?
What can I say, I'm a steel junky :D

I usually start with 10 layers of 1/4'' 1084 and 9 layers of 15N20 4'' long.

Dayum!!! That means you start of with a pile at least 3 inches thick if not more?:eek:

Dayum!!! That means you start of with a pile at least 3 inches thick if not more?:eek:

I like billets 3'' to 4'' tall, 1-1/2'' wide and 4'' long. I use a 100 lb Little Giant hammer and draw a billet out to 30'' long, cut into 5 or 6 pieces and restack. This way I can get a bunch of layers with no more than three welding heats. I have welded up one billet with this 1084 and it was a pleasure, the bars are very flat and the scale is so thin, I didn't grind it off, good stuff!!!

I will ship 12" pieces in USPS boxes FREE with a min order of 50#. Four foot bars go UPS and I do charge. I guess if you are making strictly damascus, smaller pieces are ok. If you are making knives out of it then longer bars are easier to handle.

Aldo

Aldo,
Do you still have some of the 1/4" X 1-1/2"?
Do you take paypal?

Back