1.5 ESEEs

Guyon

Biscuit Whisperer
Super Mod
:thumbup:

P1010119.jpg

Last edited:
The Eskabar is everything I had hoped it would be when the collaboration was first announced.

Man, looking at that pic I can't help but think an Eskabar with an Izula II handle and scales would be amazing.

Man, looking at that pic I can't help but think an Eskabar with an Izula II handle and scales would be amazing.

That's exactly what I was thinking.

Guyon, I respect your opinion a great deal on knives since it seems we have similar taste. So I have to ask what your honest opinion is of the Eskabar vs. the Izula and Izula II. Which one do you prefer and why?

That's exactly what I was thinking.

Guyon, I respect your opinion a great deal on knives since it seems we have similar taste. So I have to ask what your honest opinion is of the Eskabar vs. the Izula and Izula II. Which one do you prefer and why?

First, I don't own a regular Izula. I just already had other models in that size range (Skeleton Warden, Swamp Warden, Becker Necker), so I never picked up the Izula.

Between the Izula II and the EsKabar, my initial impression is that I'm going to like the Izula II more as a belt knife or pocket knife. In my next order to an ESEE vendor, I'll pick up the belt/pocket clip. The knife has a good full handle which makes it a little bulky for neck carry (for me at least). Those full scales are great, however, and in researching it, I found a lot of people who preferred it over the regular Izula.

The Becker, on the other hand, is still small enough for neck carry, even with the Izula scales added. However, the rattling, ill-fitting sheath could be a lot better (I've read KaBar is addressing this issue). Still, you get a lot of blade in a small package, and with some aftermarket kydex, I look forward to using this one.

BTW, I too would buy that hypothetical EsKabar+ with the longer handle and the full scales. :thumbup:

The Becker, on the other hand, is still small enough for neck carry, even with the Izula scales added. However, the rattling, ill-fitting sheath could be a lot better (I've read KaBar is addressing this issue). Still, you get a lot of blade in a small package, and with some aftermarket kydex, I look forward to using this one.

Yep. It's for this reason that I'm waiting to buy the BK14 til it comes with the new sheath.

I cured the sheath rattle with a sliver of leather shoved into the bottom of the sheath.

Back