10 years of Military

My one and only Military is the S30V orange one... I am damn sure I will be able to find it, should I drop it while in the mountains (be it rock or snow, orange stands up like a sore thumb!)

If I came across a fully serrated one I might buy it as well. Even if used (unless totally ruined) if the price is right.

2 here. I've had the digicam s30v one for a while and just recently jumped on the jade m4 sprint. I rotate knives every once and a while to try new stuff. I always find this or that I don't like about them but the Millie is the one pocket knife that just always feels good. The only complaint I have about it is when at work. It's a bit of a "holy heck" size to people who aren't accustomed to knives.

Thanks for the 10 year update.

Great thread! I hope to try one someday. I can hear it calling. :D:)

Got my first military thanks in part to this thread, thanks OP.

It's making since now why it's your favorite.

That's alot of cutting power on this bad boy.

Love the tip. This is a high precision tool

Riz, here is another Frankie I did after seeing your TI mod. Love how this Grey Crew, turned out...

18722126_280758449061209_9190420575313461248_n.jpg

First one I owned was a P/S that I carried for several years. One day I dropped into the belly pan of a Cat D9 dozer, too deep to recover. It's been replaced but I long for that one. The best EDC for a working man, I'll never be without one.

I've put off the military and pm2 for years. Gotta agree with one of the above posters, maybe it's time to give one a try. Thanks to this thread... or beers, just added one to the stable.

I Love the look of the millies! I want them to make one with tip up carry so bad.

Would like to try one out. Such a beast! My endurance is on the big side but these are just huge. Lol. Be a great knife.

Wow , they even cut sushi ! :D Any one have a video of making chopsticks ? ...My snide remarks of the day , sorry :(

Picked up a Millie in S110V a few months back and love it. Outstanding design, tolerances and materials. Hats off to Sal.

The Military is the one Spyderco that I have always wanted and just never got. When I finally do have some funds for one, something always comes up or pushes it's was to the forefront. Oh well, one day I will get to join the club.

There was this thread over on General about what knife(s) were you into 10 years ago and it made me realize something.

Precisely 10 years ago I was buying my first Millie, a plain jane S30V. I was stoked, it immediately kicked out everything else I was carrying at the time. In fact, I was so thrilled with my new Millie that in a couple of months I was buying my second (foliage green D2) and in a couple more my third (the CF BG-42).

10 years have passed and my original Millie is still good to go. Actually, if you ignore a couple of scuffs and dings in the G10 handles, it still looks quite good too.

Lockup has moved more towards the 50% mark but has remained as vault-ish as in day 1...

... and the blade is still dead-centered

All in all, great manufacturing standards, I don't think there are too many items with a lifespan of more than 10 years in today's world.

10 years and 16 Millies later, I still think the Military is the best production folder. Ever.

I agree that it s definitely up there. Very nice collection.

Back