100sH2O H1 vs X15 TN

TheRealJewf

Gold Member
I need a new dive knife and have a line on one of these but can’t tell which steel the blade is made from. Is there any way to tell? Serial numbers on the box? Anything besides just seeing if it rusts? Thanks BF.

I can't find anything to help. It seems they switched from H1 to X15TN around 2006 from what I can gather online. Maybe someone more knowledgeable will jump in. I'm guessing you want H1?

I can't find anything to help. It seems they switched from H1 to X15TN around 2006 from what I can gather online. Maybe someone more knowledgeable will jump in. I'm guessing you want H1?
Yeah, ideally the H1. It’s a rescue knife so will only be used in an emergency so I don’t really care if it looses an edge quickly. I went ahead and got it. Will phone Benchmade once it arrives to see if they can tell by the serial number. Appreciate you looking into it.

there probably won’t be a serial number unless it’s from the first production run, that and limited editions are about all benchmade puts numbers on. if it comes with a newer style box the blade steel should be listed on that tho

Back