107 & the Trio

I was gifted this Buck 107 by my father some years back and I have always loved it. It is such a nice lightweight little hunting knife that is perfect for trout fishing and small game hunting. My father said he remembers buying it in the early 70's. I decided to retire the 107 to collector status and preserve it but I wanted another to continue using. After some research I discovered that the knife was originally released in a set of kitchen knives and upon seeing the set I fell in love. I finally got my hands on the trio and I am very pleased.

At this point I am considering sending these knives into Buck for the SPA treatment but I am not very familiar with Buck or this treatment. I was wondering if the experts here would recommend sending any or all of these knives in for the SPA? How well do they sharpen the knives? How much do they polish the blades? Will they polish or do anything to treat the micarta?

Thanks for the responses

lIHCiSp.jpg

p7S0zC0.jpg

weAkuL5.jpg

fsFtfUL.jpg

VgaSxBY.jpg

8zIpy3S.jpg

gscYymN.jpg

If you send them in to Buck, you'll have a choice between the 1970's edge and the "Edge 2000" edge.
Get the Edge 2000. It will be easier to sharpen after you get them back, and will have a sharper inclusive edge angle, so will cut better.

They will come back looking like new after the SPA treatment..

Reactions: BP_
1976 was when that model first came out. Buck will do you a good job on your Empress Trio set model 200. DM

The Empress set came with a nice walnut holder box. Still, your lucky to have the knives. The maroon micarta handled knives came out in
like 1973. The 107 came with a open top pouch sheath. DM

Thanks for the replies. I am going to send the trio in and see how they come back. I am thinking I will keep the 107 the way it is because I don't plan on using it anymore. I am excited to use the two larger Buck's in the kitchen and the medium one especially for cutting up deer and elk once I get them home. I will update when I get them back. That reminds me, how long is the typical turn around time for a SPA treatment?

Can you go on Buck's website and fill out the form? For when you send in a knife for the spa treatment. Then email Buck to get your question answered. DM

Nice, the holder is beautiful. I am not sure if I would ever be able to get my hands on just a holder but I am tempted to try now. I still have the original sheath for the 107 but it and the knife got chewed up years ago by a dog. The micarta handle has some marks on it but I don't mind. I will never sell the knife and the chew marks on the sheath remind me of old buster.

Back