1095 vs. Sr77 or Sr101

Why not buy all three and figure it out :D.

They are all great steels with equally great HT's (Rat Cutlery, Scrap Yard, Swamp Rat)

Can't go wrong with any of the three.

My philosophy has been to buy Bussekin knives for my large fixed blades (7"+) and to buy rat cutlery for the mid to small size fixed blades. When I go camping or hiking, I like having a large fixed blade for chopping and batoning, and the smaller fixed blades for the other camp chores (fire starting, food prep, utility use, etc.). This combo works well for me and I get to enjoy more than just one really great knife brand

_______Rat Pack #106_______

There is no denying sr77 but I think that propery treated 1095 can perform almost to the same level. What do you guys think. Is it really worth the extra money for sr steels?

I don't thing they're that much more expensive so I'd think you'd have to make your choice based on something other than cost, e.g. your abuse level, Knife design, and availability ?

speaking of different steels, how many of you would like to see Jeff and Mike come out with one of these :thumbup: :D :D
P1020388.jpg

would look mighty handsome with a RAT Cutlery engraved micarta handle

jesus! mary and joseph... that's a hell of a blade! VERY NICE! just have to find a way to conceal that puppy. :D

When I find something that works, I stop looking.

ESEE's 1095 does it for me. I've also liked my KaBars. Not as nice, but they last forever just the same.

Back