11-26-11 A days work

Daniel Fairly Knives

Full Time Knifemaker
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
I have been busy today and here is a glimpse into today's work. I just finished cleaning everything up with acetone and Flitz, the Havok and EDC Protos are ready to go!

[video=youtube_share;Lr2GOGa2ZxM]http://youtu.be/Lr2GOGa2ZxM[/video]

Time for food and sleep. :)

If you click the youtube button then press "like" it really helps me out a ton, thanks in advance for the help! :D

deep fried kiris... not turkey :)

ahhh variable speed motor, nice.. that thing is going slow.. I need to upgrade, this fast as hell only speed sander of mine makes it very hard to control when doing finer work... I have to resort to hand sander, or files, or dremel eeek dremel!#$#$#! run! ;]

deep fried kiris... not turkey :)

ahhh variable speed motor, nice.. that thing is going slow.. I need to upgrade, this fast as hell only speed sander of mine makes it very hard to control when doing finer work... I have to resort to hand sander, or files, or dremel eeek dremel!#$#$#! run! ;]

The low speed helps a lot and with the scotchbrite and leather belt it is necessary. I can't have any heat buildup when sharpening either. There is a lot more to everything than the video shows but then again it is only 5 minutes from a long day. :)

Great vid,looks a little crowded though,you should build a bigger shop.:D

Great vid,looks a little crowded though,you should build a bigger shop.:D

Hey that's a good idea!

I just got the new bandsaw (mostly for kydex, my sheaths are getting way better as a result of this!) and am going to get a metal cutting ones as well, there would be no room! I have my grill and a few other things out in the elements with tarps on them lol! I have a behemoth 18" blade :eek: rock saw in there too as well as 10", 7" and 4" rock saws.

I'm moving my shop but with a kid on the way I'm moving stuff out of the house as well. I'll have my drumset and a wall of guitar amps set up in my clean workshop as well! I may also set up a small brewery outside where I can make my own beer, I used to be way into brewing. Did I mention a small jewelry and lapidary workshop as well as a leather work and lampwork/glass blowing station? :D :D :D It's going to be out of control!

That was a kick ass video Daniel! Can't wait to see your new shop take shape and turn into the coolest knife making, brewery, and music recording studio all in one....:D:thumbup:

Hey,who's that playing as you're quenching the dashies,the first song I mean.1:50ish in.?

"I can't have any heat buildup when sharpening either."

^ ah duh... sharpening comes after the HT and you would mess of the edge treatment.. Well, my 2 half made knives haven't made it to the HT part yet :D so I haven't walked through the process yet.

So what will the next batch of knives after the kiris? 8) the EDC run.. O_O cleaver run of 6 :D

Heck yes!!! Cky!!
CKY rules especially the older stuff!

That was a kick ass video Daniel! Can't wait to see your new shop take shape and turn into the coolest knife making, brewery, and music recording studio all in one....:D:thumbup:
It's going to be fun!

Cool man. It is always awesome to see knives being created.
Thanks! Much appreciated.

Hey,who's that playing as you're quenching the dashies,the first song I mean.1:50ish in.?
The White Stripes, always a favorite.

[video=youtube_share;jKTG05rw2iw]http://youtu.be/jKTG05rw2iw[/video]

"I can't have any heat buildup when sharpening either."

^ ah duh... sharpening comes after the HT and you would mess of the edge treatment.. Well, my 2 half made knives haven't made it to the HT part yet :D so I haven't walked through the process yet.

So what will the next batch of knives after the kiris? 8) the EDC run.. O_O cleaver run of 6 :D

My next batch will be a mixed one, all orders. After that I will probably do the EDC's, more orders then some A2 tanto/neckers that I have plannned! I need to make some cleavers too!

Last edited:
Cleavers!I loved the one you did,wish I could have gotten it.
I just bought an old one on ebay.
Gonna clean it up & rehandle it.
I've wondered how they do as wood choppers.

Sweet video. Very cool seeing you working on the orange and black EDC that will be for Mrs Crewbot.

I'm sending an email about a dashi...

Back