Recommendation? 110 Auto Elite - opinions

Just like to get some feedback on the 110 Auto Elite. Is the action strong and reliable? Does it open 100% of the time with adequate power? Does it lock up tight?

Any problems or issues experienced?

Recommendations one way or the other?

Ah yes, opinions. The cornerstone of every major purchase šŸ¤£.
With that being said, here is mine:
I own two AE's. A 110 and a 112. The 110, when new, didn't fully lock open every time. After doing some research, I decided to oil the pivot. One drop of gun oil solved the issue. I've opened it probably 500+ times since without fail. The 112 came to me used, and I've had zero issues with it. Highly recommend these quality knives. Good luck with your decision.

I bought two of the 110 Auto Elites. One for me and one for my dad. Both open every time with a nice fast solid opening and a firm lockup. Neither have ever failed to function over the last year.

I have one of those. mine opens fine. has tinny bit of side to side play. I expect its gonna be hit and miss on that side to side play. I'm basing it on my other 110 autos, I own, experiences. some better than others but all within the tolerances Buck allows.

Nice knives.
I think the 112 snaps open harder than the 110. AT least the ones I own are that way.
I have no issues and would recommend them if your looking for a good auto knife.

Just like to get some feedback on the 110 Auto Elite. Is the action strong and reliable? Does it open 100% of the time with adequate power? Does it lock up tight?

Any problems or issues experienced?

Recommendations one way or the other?

* Mine was a little sluggish when it was new, but now it opens well every time since I cleaned and lubed it.
* I have not had any failures to lock open.
* Lock-up is pretty much like any other Buck 110 since it has the same lock mechanism. Mine is solid.
* No problems.
* If you like Buck 110s, it's a must have.

Mine was a bit sluggish at first but after cleaning and oiling it and I also put extra downward pressure using a big screw driver on the lock release bar to relieve some tension on the tang cam. The locking bar can act like a scrub brake on the tang cam if thereā€™s a lot of tension. But be careful, i set mine up in a soft faced vice to hold it securely in place with the blade partially open so that the lock bar was at its farthest point and then pressed it till it came against the spring. It works great now.

Back