110 via sears?

:confused: this link to a sears craftsman that looks like a 110 finger grove on ebay...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=63792&item=2291758264&rd=1
i have seen several and heard of that many or all were were made by buck for sears with the sears number on them... my questions are :
are there ANY difrences from the 110?
and what are they if so?
what steel was used on them?
what years were they made by buck for sears
were ALL of sear's knives with that number made by buck or were jest some of them ???
and if jest some how can one tell which were buck made/contracted??? and would these be consitered a "buck" brand knife or a "buck" made or are they jest red headed stepkids snf not claimed by collectors cause of the sears name. how but it joe?
this seems to be a forgotten part of the 110 collections :D !!!
ever most respectfully yours
dave

Hi Dave --

I just thought I'd reply with my two cents' worth. The Craftsman knife that looks like a Buck 110 might just be a knock-off of a very popular knife, and they appear to still sell them, too.
If you want to find the description, just go to http://www.sears.com/ and search in the Tools section for 95316. I think that Sears saw a good thing and they wanted to jump on the bandwagon....

GeoThorn

I can't swear to it, but I think these are made for Sears by Camillus. I don't think Buck has ever made the 110 for sale under other names. I know Camillus makes the Sears Craftsman slipjoint pocketknives now.

I got a Craftsman knife from mom-in-law that belonged to my wifes father. I think it was made by Schrade, now I will have to check and make sure.

Cerberus

Schrade has made many for sears under the Craftsman name also. I even have a real bone handled stockman from the 80's made in Seki Japan for Craftsman that is one of the best slipjoints I own. Sears has had their Craftsman knives made by lots of makers over teh years, but I don't think Buck made any for them, the 110 has always been their flagship, and their slipjoints except for a few in the early years are made by Camillus. The Craftsman 110 "clone" if not Camillus is most likely a Schrade LB7.

The Last Confederate said:
Schrade has made many for sears under the Craftsman name also. I even have a real bone handled stockman from the 80's made in Seki Japan for Craftsman that is one of the best slipjoints I own. Sears has had their Craftsman knives made by lots of makers over teh years, but I don't think Buck made any for them, the 110 has always been their flagship, and their slipjoints except for a few in the early years are made by Camillus. The Craftsman 110 "clone" if not Camillus is most likely a Schrade LB7.

Ditto that on the Schrade LB7.

yes i have heard also that schrade and camillus both and one other maker other then Buck have made the craftsman knife which is why i phrased it as i did. it suere seem that at a knife show in virginia that i recall that a buck knife collector had a sears craftsman displayed in with his 110 as made by buck ... it shocked me to learn that buck had others make there first "pocket" knives, pleased me that buck had a lot to do with devlopeing the tanto, and would not suprise me to find that sears contracted them to make a knife fro them! i guess we should ask cj or rummerfield...
drm

334dave said:
yes i have heard also that schrade and camillus both and one other maker other then Buck have made the craftsman knife which is why i phrased it as i did. it suere seem that at a knife show in virginia that i recall that a buck knife collector had a sears craftsman displayed in with his 110 as made by buck ... it shocked me to learn that buck had others make there first "pocket" knives, pleased me that buck had a lot to do with devlopeing the tanto, and would not suprise me to find that sears contracted them to make a knife fro them! i guess we should ask cj or rummerfield...
drm

Yes they can clear it up, I just looked at one at my local Sears, and I am still fairly sure it's a Schrade LB7, but CJ or Joe Or someone at Buck will know for sure.

How about it guys???

Maybe the answer would be available on a Shrade forum, if the Buck guys are too busy with the move...?

GeoThorn

Sorry, not my area of expertise. Joe just got back so I am sure he will answer when he can.

Any questions about Tactical knives?

have not heard form joe yet ... i kind of am still holding that i read somewere that sears had buck make some lockbacks for them.... but darn if i can find it again!!!! that you can find sears made by others still is not saying that buck did not make any for sears..... i guess we wate for joe or cj..... :confused:
dave

Sorry for the wait folks, it has been very hectic around here lately and promises to get even worse before it gets better.
I have never heard of Buck making a 110 for Sears. I wish i could say i am 100% sure of that but how about 99%? :)

Joe Houser said:
Sorry for the wait folks, it has been very hectic around here lately and promises to get even worse before it gets better.
I have never heard of Buck making a 110 for Sears. I wish i could say i am 100% sure of that but how about 99%? :)

good enught for me! thanks to all who answered and looked up stuff for this question!!!! and if i run across anything again i will ask here!
darn joe so long in hunting heaven and for christmass yet!!!
hope the heatic on the move goes away..it never did on any time i had to move...
i will be posting something in the "to hot to touch" over seas vs usa thread soon so check it also...
have fun there, dave

Back