117 CLUB Permanent thread keep adding

I just received my 117 cocobolo / brass guard and pomel through C&C . Beautiful knife and I love the size and feel in hand. The sheath is a pretty burgundy and well made, however I’m disappointed that the sheath is for a 105 and about 1/2 to 3/4 inch to long. I had seen another post where they had a USA made sheath for the 117 and wondering why mine came with a 105 sheath. This kinda defeats my purpose of having a knife that’s more compact carry on belt. Otherwise I would have gotten the 105.

Mine came with a 117 sheath but it has the black handle. Not sure why yours has the 105 sheath?. I do know my sheath has the knife real loose in the sheath. Opening and space around blade too big? But i’m ok with that.

x55SdDk.jpg

My favorite 117.

I just received my 117 cocobolo / brass guard and pomel through C&C . Beautiful knife and I love the size and feel in hand. The sheath is a pretty burgundy and well made, however I’m disappointed that the sheath is for a 105 and about 1/2 to 3/4 inch to long. I had seen another post where they had a USA made sheath for the 117 and wondering why mine came with a 105 sheath. This kinda defeats my purpose of having a knife that’s more compact carry on belt. Otherwise I would have gotten the 105.

I'd contact c&c. That doesn't sound right.

There are nice distressed brown leather sheaths made for the 117. They are sewn all around and don’t rattle like the fold over sheaths do.

See vaporstangs post 13 in this thread for a picture.

Hello friends. Was eating some prime rib the other day and was using one of our serrated steak knives :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:. Was like sawing an old piece of car tire. Usually i use a Kalinga for fun but got the 117 out instead. Cut like a hot knife through butter:thumbsup::thumbsup:! Think this is my new “go to” steak knife as its a perfect size. Perfect for almost any task really.
:)DN:)

I had to wet sand the blade, I dremel polished the oxide off of the guard and butt easily with the metal polish and a felt wheel.

Recieved my 117 Brahma today. Very nice feeling knife. Fits/feels well in the hand, and seems to be balanced quite nicely. Perfect size. Wickedly shard out of the box, like sharper than I can sharpen. The stacked leather was extremely dry, so I spent the evening putting some life back in it. Oh and the sheath, that thing is garbage.

I'll tinker with removing the black oxide finish tonorrow hopefully.

I've been waiting for a red micarta/s30v version of the 117. Might just be wishful thinking. C&C used those materials on runs of the 119, 105 and 102.

Back