12 inch 8 ounce Beautiful Sirupati by Rajkumar arrived.

The package arrived and contained a beautiful Sirupati and perfect scabbard. The knife is for my wife's use and she was impressed with quality and balance. Another successful purchase. ;)

This is a great knife to keep around study for general use or throw in "jeep" for weekend camping trip. The blade arrived sharp and will slice a tomato or open an envelope easily but not good for shaving. Knife feels lively in one's hand as an 8 oz. should and for a small knife offers the user a good extended reach for defensive application. The karda and chakma are well made and fight tightly. The wood handle is attractive and sized to cover a large range of hand sizes.

I would not hesitate to take the knife on a camping trip to use for basic camp/kitchen chores. Not made for chopping branches or bushwacking trail but would work in a pinch or light duty. Perfect to carve meat, slice cheese or cut paracord as an all in one fixed blade knife.

I would buy another 12'' or 15'' Sirupati or larger without hesitation.

Last edited:
It must be this one from the 1/24 deals:

1-24-13011_zps6a0ae563.jpg

Glad to hear the Sirupati made it OK

Those little sirus make fantastic edc blades. I have a couple myself, and they are some of my favorites. That's quite a beautiful lil knife:) Congrats!

I find myself torn between that size sirupati or the pen knife. Seems like either would make a dandy edc.

One advantage to using a wheelchair for transportation is I can stow lots of things on it without notice with a little imagination.

My new Siruli Ghaule, probably messed up the spelling on that, is riding proud with me today but it is a bit of a stretch.

I find myself torn between that size sirupati or the pen knife. Seems like either would make a dandy edc.

One advantage to using a wheelchair for transportation is I can stow lots of things on it without notice with a little imagination.

My new Siruli Ghaule, probably messed up the spelling on that, is riding proud with me today but it is a bit of a stretch.

In my opinion, I think you'd get more EDC mileage out of the PK if you can snag one. It was the brainchild of Dan Koster who has gone on to be a successful knifemaker in his own right. It's got a good bit more chop for the size and weight compared to the siru of that size. I know my old 12" PK will demolish a 2x4 without an issue. Just a sharp snap of the wrist and its biting deep.

That said, if I had to defend myself, I think I would pick the pointy Siru over the PK. The PK really is a great all around utility/camp knife, though. I hope they make a bit of a comeback as they have been a bit more rare in the last few years. Awesome East meets West deign like the AK Bowie.

Yeah, I was looking at Dan's website some yesterday. Another friend and Khukri addict told me about that. He makes some nice stuff too.
Kind of hooked on this HI stuff though. I like being pen pals with Yangdu too. My wife doesn't think much of the whole situation at all though. I'm sure I have a lot of company here though in that respect.

Bawanna,
No doubt about the wife not being to keen on the obsession. In my case yard sales start up again in a month and that will give me a bit more purchase freedom. I look the other way on her buying other people's junk, she pretends no not notice the collection he another member show up :)

I would not get far without my good wife. Fortunately she puts up with me and my habits. I got the Siru because of the self defense aspect and small size for my better half to use. Put it with her 1911 and she is well protected.

The 12" Siru makes a fantastic SD blade for the Mrs. Back in in the early 2000s when my wife and i were dating in college, there was a rash of assaults on women going out to their cars in the far parking lots. The perp's MO was to wait for the lady to get into her car and get seated and attack her when she didn't have any leverage to get away.

I got her a 12"Siru to keep i n the map compartment of the driver's door. Luckily she never needed it, but that razors sharp khuk in the hands of a determined woman would have split him groan to grin.

Back