1271 Fighter

The 1281 D2 Extreme was the same way. This year we came out with the 1292 D2 Straight Edge. I agree with you on the non-serration. I have always liked the profile of the 1271 Fighter - I believe the partial serration was added for military application on this knife. If you look at our NSN product lineup many of the items simply have partial serrations, such as the BK2SG.

The 1281 D2 Extreme was the same way. This year we came out with the 1292 D2 Straight Edge. I agree with you on the non-serration. I have always liked the profile of the 1271 Fighter - I believe the partial serration was added for military application on this knife. If you look at our NSN product lineup many of the items simply have partial serrations, such as the BK2SG.

It would be very easy to make these without serrations - just forget to stop at the serration grinding station on the way to final sharpening.:D

A
I personally loathe serrations, I will not buy a knife with them. I had always wanted a D2 now I own 2.

Back