So is this a new thing?

I’ve wanted a standard leather handled Ka-Bar for years but without the USMC markings.

Are these a “new” thing or have I just missed them forever?

they're new.
you might also look at the dog's head outdoor knife -- cut down top guard and teardrop pommel on a standard Kabar blade.

they're new.
you might also look at the dog's head outdoor knife -- cut down top guard and teardrop pommel on a standard Kabar blade.

Thought so.

I’ve come close to buying the Dog’s Head, and probably will, but I also like the round pommel.

The “single mark” knife is long over due.

Not only for those without military connections, but also gives a place to engrave initials.

The “single mark” knife is long over due.

Not only for those without military connections, but also gives a place to engrave initials.

100% agree. I love reading about this history of the USMC, but I never served and didn’t want a knife marked as such. I also wanted the traditional leather handle, so this is exactly the knife Ive been waiting for.

I’ve been wishing for one that was marked. U.S.A. Instead of the USMC. But the single mark is close.

I’ve been wishing for one that was marked. U.S.A. Instead of the USMC. But the single mark is close.

Models 1219 (combo edge) and 1220 (plain edge) are marked with USA (for US ARMY) on the pile side ricsasso. The leather sheaths are stamped US Army along with the Army logo.

If you don't want a sheath with the Army logo and "US ARMY" on it, you can get a plain leather sheath. Model 1217L.

Thanks I don’t know how that one slipped by me? Probably saw the sheath and didn’t think about the ricasso.

The following are also stamped USA on the pile side ricasso - Models 1261 and 1262 are the 3/4 "shorty" versions with leather handles and 1258 and 1259 for the all black Kraton handled shorties. 5054 and 5055 are tanto point shorties, all black, Kraton, but have Molle plastic sheaths instead of leather sheaths.

The Molle shorty sheaths stand-alones are Model 5016. The stacked leather knives fit in these as well.

Back