-

The grind looks pretty bad near the tip, not like the La Griffe knives I've owned and seen. Put a ruler next to it, take a picture and email it to Emerson knives and ask them. The ruler will provide some degree of size relation.

I wouldn't think the Emerson LaGriffe would be a high priority for counterfeiters. The Fred Perrin version, maybe, since it's a bit more conventional and accessible. But I wouldn't worry.

I would buy it, depending on the deal. The risk would be worth it. Those looked way inconsistent from batch to batch.

But yeah, as with anything, strangers on the internet will never be able to answer this kind of question better than the manufacturer can.

Considering the date (98?), maybe thats normal.

Again, I can't see anyone putting that much attention into counterfeiting the Emerson version of Perrin's flagship knife.

If the deal is good, I would personally buy it.

Considering the date (98?), maybe thats normal.

Again, I can't see anyone putting that much attention into counterfeiting the Emerson version of Perrin's flagship knife.

If the deal is good, I would personally buy it.
Good point, I noticed that after my post. Chances are it could be real. I'd still send pictures to EKI.

This was also my guess but they copy alot also knives valued under 100dollars.
Another thing for me is would you say or classify the LaGriffe versions with a hawkbill blade as an Karambit?

Not a karambit as it lacks the ring and grip thickness, and size that would allow karambit techniques.

And you are correct about cheap knives being copied.

But this is not a high volume sales knife. They usually go after those. Some quick Google-Fu anecdotally confirmed my theory. I couldn't find a single example of a counterfeit.

I'll give you seventeen dollars for it if you still have doubts tho. lol!

Seriously tho, I always wanted a LaGriffe. But Emerson's version loses the sweet versatility Fred designed his for on account of the hawk bill and obtuse geometry. Also, Fred's grind works better for a righty. And it can be had for half the price.

I met and trained with Fred and discussed his design reasonings around that knife. I really dig his reasoning of being able to keep it on your finger, leaving the digits to do digit-ty things.

Make no mistake, Fred is a highly proficient fighter like Ernest (and one of the craziest, coolest people I've ever met, hands down), but he also readily acknowledges utility, which is refreshing. He designs his knives with subtleties to aid in messing a guy up if need be, but to perform primarily as a tool since people who only see knives as weapons don't tend to last very long.

Good point, I noticed that after my post. Chances are it could be real. I'd still send pictures to EKI.

I'm too stulid/tired to figure out multi quote.

Rev, I believe OP said he did send in pics. Curious as to the verdict.

Back