15" and 25.5" KNN Sirupati arrive!!

Hi there Uncle and all of you out there in HI land. I just received my first two Sirupati. a 15" and a 25 1/2 " both by KNN. I must say that these are the 2nd and 3rd KNN blades that I have gotten. The other was a BAS. All of them have lived up to HI standards and then some. The fit and finish on both of these Sirupati is great! The 25" one has an interesting looking look in the finish, a sort of cloudy with what looks like water spotting here and there. It is sort of neat looking. It may be from the water hardening method, and then not being fully polished out. Whatever the reason, it is sort of interesting looking. I LIKE IT!! The Chakma and Karda on this model are huge 4" of blade with an oal of 7" plus. That makes for a nice using knife all by itself The edge on it is keen already as was the main blade. I was suprised just how well the 25.5 inch Sirupati handles. It is pretty nimble for a blade so long. I am going to have to give this baby a workout, as it seems quite capable of being a serious user blade. It feels very solid in the swing and light enough to not tire you too quickly. I am suitably impressed!! The leather work on the sheath is good also. Both sheaths are tooled nicely and are well and solidly constructed. I feel that if this is the new Sarkis work, there are no worrys for the future.
The 15" Sirupati is even more of a dream. This Khuk is so light and nimble, it is hard to describe. The handle is pleanty long enough for my large hands. BAS is a little smallish for my oafish mitts and forces me to choke up on the bolster to avoid a bite from the rear of the handle. Not so with this little darling. The handle is just perfect for my hands and the blade seems flawless! Sharp as a deamons tooth right out of the sheath. I guess what I am saying is that once again I am taken aback by the extreme quality that I find each and every time I get a HI Khukuri. Uncle Bill, I thank you for the great deals, and please extent to Pala my compliments to his team of great men! Their work is incredible!!! I will be getting more to say the least. Sorry for being so long winded. I get that way when I am excited. Well I must go now, it is warm outside and I have two new Khuks looking at some woods in the back yard attentively.HEE Thanks again!!! Rick

Back