15" bush sword

A fellow contacted me about getting a bush sword a little while back. I had a few in progress that weren't spoken for yet and this was the one he picked.

The blade is forged from 80CrV2 steel and is 15" long. The clip is a false edge, but thin enough that a secondary bevel could easily be added to make it fully sharp. The cord wrap is olive drab paracord hardened with West System marine epoxy.

His plan is for a Kryptek camo Kydex sheath built by an ex-Army Ranger he knows. :)

I think it will as well. In spite of recent comments in a another thread in this sub-forum. :D

I think it will as well. In spite of recent comments in a another thread in this sub-forum. :D

If anything, his asinine comments will direct people who actually possess a brain to check out your work. :thumbup:

Looks sweet, but I bet it would be much improved if you used VG-10 instead of 80CRV2. Definitely also need some brass alloy in there.

Maybe crowdfund it? :D

Sounds like a plan, Madcap Magician. I really should get around to testing some of my blades at some point as well. I've just been coasting on my good looks so far, but there are starting to be a few white hairs in my beard and temples, so I can't rely on my boyish charm too much longer. :D

Is it made out of native Japanese alloys? I read on the internet that they're the ones that pass the stress test, but not traditional materials because they're crap! :D

Back