15 stoves and not one works for what I want

So I make something :D I got a condor H2O bottle bag and a GSI space saver cup for Christmas (Do to every one going every where we did christmas early ) I needed something to fit the side pouch on the bag.
Every thing I have didn't fit to suit me so I made 2 different set ups . My intended pot is the gsi space saver or another stainless cup of the same size. 1st is a twig burner I reduce the size and simplefied a nible will stove. second is a popcan alcohol set made from the 7.5 oz cans both have been tested and boil water . A lot of my hunting trips end up with me setting on a log drinking hot tea watching nature. :D
Roy
PA220069.jpg

PA220070.jpg

PA220072.jpg

PA220073.jpg

PA220076.jpg

Alcohol stoves are a pleasure to make and operate. The design you are using is a lot of fun. I like your potholder. Also the wind screen is a great idea if you use one outdoors. I have a little trouble using these in the cold though. I am sure I'm doing something wrong.

Nice lightweight bits of kit. Always better when it's something you made yourself, well done.

I must admit, I tried making the alcohol burners but failed miserably. Everyone talks about how easy they are to make too. Guess I'm just engineering-challenged. Or cack-handed.

Make a Supercat stove. That really is easy to make. All you have to do is make holes in a soft aluminum can.
Can-complete_1507-600.jpg

I love my "supercat." I made mine from a can of diced green chiles from the Mex. food aisle. It is slightly bigger and heavier than a cat food can.

I am hoping for one of those Condor pouches too but I'll probably have to get it myself.

On my first Supercat, I made the holes too low. The damn thing would run dry just before the water boiled - D'oh!

Back