17 th day of Christmas deals

Yangdu

Himalayan Imports Owner ~ himimp@aol.com
L to r

15 inch 23 ounce M-43 by Kumar. Satisal wood handle. Leather sheath. $88 *SOLD*

15 inch 24 ounce M-43 by Kumar. Satisal wood handle. Leather sheath. $88 *SOLD*

lArXMu0.jpg

12 1/4'' 14 ounce Pacthar Knife by Manoj. Water buffalo bone handle. Beautiful wooden handle. Great Christmas gift for you or for friend at $78.

wjPzQGR.jpg

Email to himimp@aol.com
First come first served
Happy Holidays!

Last edited:
Thanks Jake. I've been wavering between this length and 18" but the longer ones are just heavier than I think is good for me. I'm not small (6'2" and 230lb) but if I have to swing it for too long I think anything much heavier than this one will just tire me out! I'm really after it for general camp sort of use, so I'm hoping this will be a nice balance between size and weight!

I've been a bit distracted what with half my country on fire right now, but I'm happy to say that the M-43 has arrived safely Down Under! I very slightly reshaped the handle for myself to relieve a hot spot or two (for personal fit - there was no defect in the original knife!). I sanded and polished it and boy does this wood come up nicely!

Here's a photo, although it's nicer in real life:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/MNLD9pQ3ssNAaT3b8

Very nice handle.
How does it perform?

Sorry about the fires. It's a horrible thing.
Cal Fire sent troops over to help, hopefully they can begin to repay the assistance Australian crews have given us in the past.

Very nice handle.
How does it perform?

Cal Fire sent troops over to help, hopefully they can begin to repay the assistance Australian crews have given us in the past.
Jfox I’m so sorry about the fires! And my heart breaks for the pain and death of the animals!

Very nice handle.
How does it perform?

The handle is super comfy. It somehow makes the knife seem even better balanced. I have some work to do in the yard when I can breathe outside again (the smoke is so thick I can hardly see across the street some days, and I don't want to inhale that!). When I get a chance I might write up my findings, but I'm new to khuks so it won't be much use as a review! I'm used to my golok but it's not for heavy chopping like the khuks are.

Believe me when I say we appreciate the help of the Cal firefighters so much!

I know what ya mean about them fires. I hope you guys down under stay safe. If they say evacuate get the heck out of there if ya can.

7b06154c97d7469102b7c8f3e8ccb4ce

Theres my house right behind that fire line. We lost everything but my dogs and family made it out so nothing else mattered after that. Fire is nothing like a flood or other disasters. I equated it like landing on the moon and your spacecraft just blew up! You aint got squat left! Dont bother trying to save anything! Its a done deal and your starting over like it or not. There is some sanity in that tho. You dont have to make any important decisions one way or the other to save anything except for basic survival tasks. This fire is what got me into HI khuks in the first place. I needed something more than a basic wallyworld machete and I found Yangdu and never looked back!
I sure hate to see all the animals destroyed but they hopefully will come back in time.
43b6ad5d7c99454cfe58fd32b7c2172c

A few years later here goes again! View from my new dome not even a year old.
b1c34b86ea766e676df6a469ff3076b3

I was just getting done building my new house and was getting pretty worried about now. Luckily they got it out and the winds cooperated.
All I can say is be safe and dont do nothing stupid like trying to stay there and beat it! Get the heck out and let the pros do what they do. I owe them firefighters more than anything I could ever give them!

I know this isn't the purpose of the thread, but I'm absolutely gutted with the news that the three US firefighters on board a C130 waterbombing aircraft did not survive a crash near my house yesterday while fighting the Australian fires.

They travelled so far from home to help fight for somebody else's country, and they paid the ultimate price. We can never repay our debt to them and others like them who have selflessly risked everything to help with our fire crisis.

We have our flags at half mast and we salute you our friends.

Back