1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ka-Bar Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday July 27!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

1971 Puma.

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Brenda R Christophe, Apr 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brenda R Christophe

Brenda R Christophe

Apr 30, 2019
    I have a 1971 Puma Bestell No. 3591
    Number inside is 27172
    I understand that, that means it was made in the second quarter of 1971.
    One article said that All knives made in that quarter were stamped with the wrong number but mine has the correct number.
    How does that affect the value?

2. Brenda R Christophe

Brenda R Christophe

Apr 30, 2019
    I have a 1971 Puma Bestell No. 3591
    Inside number is 27172. I understand that, that means it was made in the second quarter of 1971. An article I read said that All of the knives made in that quarter were stamped with the wrong number 72172 but mine has the correct number.
    How does this affect the value?

3. Piso Mojado

Piso Mojado Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 11, 2006
    Try posting your question in Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades. That's where I found all the posts on Puma 3591 Gamekeepers knife.

Brenda R Christophe likes this.
  4. knarfeng

knarfeng senex morosus moderator Staff Member Super Mod Moderator

Jul 30, 2006
    Sorry. Questions of valuation may not be asked by registered members.
    Unfortunately, too many members in the past used such questions to advertise that they had a rare knife which might be for sale at the right price. Please see the sticky at the top of the General Forum:
    NEW MEMBERS :: Please read this :: WHAT IS MY KNIFE WORTH?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.