• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

1982 gerber command II

Gerber Command II knife in with black finish and leather sheath. Serial number indicates year of manufacture as 1982. I'm the original owner and haven't used the knife since the mid 80's. Only produced between 1979 - 82

The blade coating is worn off at the very end of the tip (see photos) and there is a small knick in the blade. Apart from that, everything else is perfect.

I'm asking $100 shipped to CONUS

Updated to reflect correct model number and price reduction

gerber1.jpggerber2.jpggerber3.jpggerber4.jpggerber5.jpg

Last edited:
Don't know. They were described back then as High carbon surgical stainess steel RC 57-59.
The Satin bladed ones were made in Tool Steel and Stainless but don't know about the Black ones.
If stainless I would guess 440A or 440C since the Mark IIs used both.

Does your knife fit this description?

"The Command II knife is very similar to the Mark II. It has the same handle and the blade is the same length. However the Command II blade differs in several ways. First, the blade is not double-edged. Only the bottom edge and 3 inches at the front of the top edge are sharpened. Second, there are serrations (teeth) only on 2 of the 3 inches of the sharpened top edge."

http://militarycarryknives.com/SimilarKnives.htm

I see it has attachment for military web belt. I've forgotten,....does it also have a regular belt loop?

Whoops...never mind...I now see that there are a couple slits for a belt.

Last edited:
Back