1987 M9

I have a 1987 M9 that I haven't used much since I bought it new. I usually use my Buck 124 around camp but I don't use it for heavy work. I have heard there were problems with some M9 blades breaking. Can anyone tell me if this model would be suitable for light chopping of small branches and small kindling wood? I don't believe there is much collector value in this knife and I would like to start using it a lot. The chevron is on the 188 side. As for the 124, I don't think I would ever chop with it. It sure has chopped up a lot of onions and other vegetables in the last twenty years, though. It holds a great edge and slices venison and bear like butter.
Thank you

The 124 if it is only 20 years old and M9 19 .......are made to be used ,both collectable and 'NOT 'made anymore but still users.

I've seen the M9's on ebay for $150.00 on up. I am not selling anyways. The knife appears tough enough, I just don't want to break it. Both the 124 and the M9 are real nice. I use the 124 more than my 110 or my 321, let alone the M9. Those first two are for cleaning the critters in the fall. I am going to put the bayonet to work in a big way, though. I take a lot of walks in the forests off Lake Superior and having a stout knife is reassuring.

By the way EEE, thanks for the post on Buck Police knife. Looks like I'm getting a new EDC knife.

Back