2.7 users

Does anyone have a 2.7 yet? Sorry if this info is somewhere else. I ask because I been using my new Mora Eldris a lot recently but want a bigger handle. I was just curious if anyone's used it and what their thoughts were about this little knife.

Mora handles tend to be soft rubber or plastic, and also tend to be larger that the 2.7 handle, so they aren't really directly comparable.
I was playing with my 2.7 the other day and I find that the handle is just big enough for general purpose light use (opening letters and boxes) but not long enough to be comfortable under heavy use.
Other folks find that the handle is completely comfortable, so this is one knife that you might have to use for a bit before you make up your mind on it.
Edit: I believe that Guy intended the 2.7 to be a full feature knife for folks with small hands. As such it isn't really intended for folks with large hands. :)

Mora handles tend to be soft rubber or plastic, and also tend to be larger that the 2.7 handle, so they aren't really directly comparable.
I was playing with my 2.7 the other day and I find that the handle is just big enough for general purpose light use (opening letters and boxes) but not long enough to be comfortable under heavy use.
Other folks find that the handle is completely comfortable, so this is one knife that you might have to use for a bit before you make up your mind on it.
Edit: I believe that Guy intended the 2.7 to be a full feature knife for folks with small hands. As such it isn't really intended for folks with large hands. :)

Here is the knife. It's like a tiny Puukko. However I find that it's a great little knife but I would want a longer and more traditional handle than a Puukko for this size knife. I don't have small hands but that's not a big deal because I would use the 2.7 as a light use knife.

I have fairly large hands and think the 2.7 is very comfortable, did a try stick with it shortly after I got one and liked how it handled a lot.

645d0e94e1012e000867cdccab8d9939.jpg

2c52a78b261bef728f282d2d18d11347.jpg

Grog, awesome comparisons. That is helpful to see them all lined up together.

OBX, have you seen an explanation about the grind of the eldris? It looks funky to me, but I'm sure there's a reason.

Does anyone have a 2.7 yet? Sorry if this info is somewhere else. I ask because I been using my new Mora Eldris a lot recently but want a bigger handle. I was just curious if anyone's used it and what their thoughts were about this little knife.
79a0c693c046021bf59ae6519e575aad.jpg

I got mine today. Ordered the last day of preorder 8/14/15. Just 10 days shy of 18 months from order to receipt, but worth it. Really comfortable little knife.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

79a0c693c046021bf59ae6519e575aad.jpg

I got mine today. Ordered the last day of preorder 8/14/15. Just 10 days shy of 18 months from order to receipt, but worth it. Really comfortable little knife.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Grog, awesome comparisons. That is helpful to see them all lined up together.

OBX, have you seen an explanation about the grind of the eldris? It looks funky to me, but I'm sure there's a reason.

I have fairly large hands and think the 2.7 is very comfortable, did a try stick with it shortly after I got one and liked how it handled a lot.

645d0e94e1012e000867cdccab8d9939.jpg

2c52a78b261bef728f282d2d18d11347.jpg

I thought I linked my thoughts in my first post, but that is incorrect!

Here's what I think:
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1425706-GSO-2-7-passaround-and-signup-thread/page5

Thanks for all the responses!!! I have big hands but it looks like this will be, yet again, another great knife from S!K.

Silver - According to Mora the unique grind allows for "high precision" in your work with the knife. The Mora Bushcraft forest has a similar but more exaggerated grind.

Thanks for all the responses!!! I have big hands but it looks like this will be, yet again, another great knife from S!K.

Silver - According to Mora the unique grind allows for "high precision" in your work with the knife. The Mora Bushcraft forest has a similar but more exaggerated grind.

That's pretty interesting. I hadn't seen a grind like that before. It's a really cool looking knife!

Very thin but a nice little knife. Wickedly sharp blade and a sharp 90 degree angle.

Back