• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

2 Burner Forges

Just out of curiosity, how long would a standard barbq cylinder last with the three burner running hot enough to forge out a 6" full tang blade from a piece of 1/4" thick 1-1/2" wide 1084? I know there are plenty of variables, but I have absolutely no clue about gas forges. Used to use a coal forge with my dad when I was a kid.

I know with 2 burner running hot with a propane tank that size it doen't very long.
Not sure the time but not long enought to forge out a knife all the way
I set mine up so i can turn on one burn or two. I usally only use one unless I have along blade.
hope this helps
Eric Knife

Huh?

I get WAY more than one knife out of a standard 20 pound BBQ cylinder.

My burners are both adjustable. You can run down to a couple pounds of pressure on each burner after you reach temp in the forge. It's insulated enough that if you restrict your openings, you can hold forging temps for quite a while and not use very much gas. If you leave the ends open, all you're going to do is heat the outside air as well. Seems Man contributes to only 3% of all the greenhouse gases emmitted. The rest comes from nature. We don't need to make it 4%.

My forges are for sale again, please email me if you have any questions....Gary

Question for Christof Koyoteknives, what is the purpose for adding the cement to the forge,and what kind is it?. I also ordered the 2 burner from Gary won't get it till after labor day w/end.I'm new at forging blades so, help me out if I need to add cement to mine or not. Thanks, Reynaldo(Rey)Garza in Texas.

Hi everyone. I'm still looking at 1 week lead time for my forges. As of October 31st, I will be raising my prices by 10%. So new prices will be :
1 burner 235.00
2 burner 313.00
3 burner 412.00
All prices are USD...Thanks G

I'll still do shipping Lower 48 until end of month

Back