2 Busse Questions

Well, I've finally decided, (I think) to drop money on a Busse if I have sufficient quantities of disposable income in the next few months. My questions are 1. Does anyone know how long the backlog currently is and 2. Does anyone out there have a Natural Outlaw who would be willing to give me some info on it's performance capabilities. I really like the look of this knife, and it sounds like it would be a perfect camp/survival knife.
Thanks.
Lagarto

The first of the new Natural Outlaw design as found on the Busse Combat website are currently being shipped. The first person that I know of who has received one got it just a couple of days ago, so there is not going to be much real user experience yet. I hope to receive mine this week or next. Jerry did establish some "test teams" of anonymous volunteers, but they aren't talking. I don't know if the test teams included a NO team, or if only the Steel Hearts and Battle Mistresses were included,

All that I can say about the new NO is subjective, since I have only handled one at last year's Blade show. It has an outstanding balance and heft. It is very close in size and "feel" to the original Steel Heart, which some people still regard as the best user Busse ever (and which are currently going in the 700 to 900 dollar range.) I would guess that lead time would be about 6 weeks, but personnel at Busse could give you a better idea.

In case you didn't notice, there is a Busse sub-forum on this site under the "Makers and Manufacturers" heading... you might get more/better information re-posting this question there. :)

FoxholeAtheist said:
In case you didn't notice, there is a Busse sub-forum on this site under the "Makers and Manufacturers" heading... you might get more/better information re-posting this question there. :)

Especially if you can understand Busseese. :)

I believe some people that ordered theirs are being notified they are nearing completion. So six weeks sounds right I think.

I got my new Natural OutLaw Saturday morning. There are pictures posted in the above mentioned forum if you wantg to see what it/they look like. I can say that I had a NO-E, the old ergo series and it took anything I threw at it and held up wonderfully. The new blade is longer than the ergo and you have the ability to customize it to your wishes and needs as far as blade finish and handle config. I am looking forward to using this one. I am sure that I will be great.

Cerberus

Back