2 handed mega chopper

BenR.T.

Tanto grinder & High performance blade peddler
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
I have always loved the Jimmy Fikes Jungle Honey and the Fikes/Fogg Cloud cutter, and have wanted to try something inspired by it for a while now.
This one is all chopper with a nearly 3" wide blade at the tip and a nice taper all the ways to the pommel.
It has a mild steel guard and and pommel that I browned and the blade has an antiqued finish. This thing has an incredibly powerful swing when gripped at the pommel, but can be choked up on for smaller tasks as well. The OAL is 23", with a 12" blade of 5160. It balances right at the ricasso.
I am wanting to do one with a polished hamon now. :cool:
Let me know what you all think.

What do I think? I think that's AWESOME. I'd love to see a video of it in action.

-edit- Reminds me of a pudao.

Thanks very much guys!

It might be more appropriate to shout "For Mordor!!" with this type of blade. :D

Well, if it was a Mordor chopper, it would have to have a hook sticking out the front of the blade, and the handle is far too pretty. It would need to be ugly, black, and utilitarian.

You have become very accomplished, sir. I love your stuff. Nice cord wrapping here. Waiting for your wakizashi with traditional saya.

Last edited:
not very good for slitting one's own belly when things get too hot. should come with a lighter, sharper companion.

not very good for slitting one's own belly when things get too hot. should come with a lighter, sharper companion.

Never been keen on the idea of Seppuku, but this would be a fine companion should someone feel so inclined....

Back