• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

2 Kitchen Pettys (both sold)

I have 4 petty knives in the kitchen, so it's time to let go of a few! Both of these knives were among the first kitchen knives I ever made.

The first knife features a san mai blade with a White 2 core and wrought iron jacket. The steel was sourced from Dictum in Germany. Heat treatment done by Peter's. The blade has been re-polished with a hand rubbed finish, and re-etched to show the lamination line. The handle is Turkish walnut, and was also re-sanded and oiled.

OAL: 10"
Blade: 5.5" (5.125" edge)
Handle: 4.5"
Thickness: 0.117" (tapered to tip)
Steel: White # 2 core @ 62HRC, wrought iron jacket
Edge: 15° per side, 8k (JIS)

mxMqFz6.jpg
axjZwwr.jpg

Price, including shipping, is only SOLD. Paypal preferred (samuraistuart@yahoo.com), but will take a check and ship once cleared. Thank you for looking!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The second knife for sale is/was my favorite fajita slicing knife! She has been replaced, the poor thing, so needs a new home and someone to give her a little TLC. It is a carbon copy (pun intended) of the Masamoto HC petty. Blade is made from one of my favorite low alloy carbon steels, 1.2519, very close in composition to Hitachi Blue 2. It is thin, only 1/16" thick with a light taper. Hardened and tempered in shop to 62HRC. Blade has been re-polished with a hand rubbed finish, as well as the mesquite wood handle. Handle features black and white G10 liners for a classy look.

OAL: 10.625"
Blade: 6"
Handle: 4.625"
Thickness: 0.060"
Steel: 1.2519 (O7) @ 62HRC
Edge: 15° per side, 8k (JIS)

kR4wolc.jpg
Gs4BeJa.jpg

Price is only SOLD, includes shipping. Paypal preferred (samuraistuart@yahoo.com), but will take a check and ship once cleared. Thanks for looking!

Follow me on Instagram: stuartalandavenport

Last edited:
I'll take the san mai. If you could let me know it's still available I'll send funds immediately.

Thanks!

It's yours! White 2 san mai petty is now sold, but the 1.2519/mesquite still available! It's a heck of a knife!

Back