2 new slippies, Queen Bird's Eye Maple

Just got these in the mail today, thanks to some super fast shipping from Cumberland Knife Works. I really like this wood and the D2 is just as good as what came on my cocobolo doctor's knife. I'll offer some more thoughts after I've had a chance to use them a bit. For now, just a few pics.

Nice, thanks for the great pictures, I have been on the fence about the BEM Queens, and couldn't seem to get a decent picture anywhere,

Yours have sold me on it!

Every where I've seen the BEM pics they have been gray. At least here they look like wood color. Very nice pics.

ya know... online retailers really need to take better pictures.
these are great! I think I'd buy more knives if I could
see some higher quality pics. :)

Every where I've seen the BEM pics they have been gray. At least here they look like wood color. Very nice pics.
Same reason why I didn't purchase any in that handle material. Every online dealer and eBay seller has terrible pictures that make the wood look like an ugly dark grey. It wouldn't hurt if Queen updated their website with current quality pictures.

Boy, these look awesome. I origanally wanted the BE Maple MM, but the pictures at the retailers pale in comparison to your shots. They are sweet.

I ordered my Root Beer bone MM a week ago from Cumberland and am getting antsy. How long did your order take? I'm use to knifeworks and it usually takes only a couple days.

Plus, Bill had a pretty ugly bout with a kidney stone in the past week.
Bill's one of the good guys.

Same reason why I didn't purchase any in that handle material. Every online dealer and eBay seller has terrible pictures that make the wood look like an ugly dark grey. It wouldn't hurt if Queen updated their website with current quality pictures.

I could take the best pictures known of my 44 and the maple is still steel gray. Looks nice in itself, but it's gray.

Queen is my new favorite for traditonal knives,good steel,craftsmanship,US made and priced right. Good choice:)

Back