• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

2 Stabilized Very Curly Maple Blocks

SOLD

Selling as a group of both pieces for $45 + $5 Priority Mail Shipping in the US

Dimensions are 6&7/8" long x 1&1/2" wide x 15/16" thick each piece.

These two blocks were cut from western bigleaf maple. I stabilized them using a dry vacuum pressure impregnation system. They are completely impregnated with Resinol 90c. Then heat cured at 250 degrees for 3 hours to insure complete hardening of the stabilizing solution. They have had a quick belt sanding at 150 grit. Since they are not polished, I took photos dry and lightly misted with water so you don't have to guess how they will turn out.

I cut these before so many of you guys asked for bigger blocks but maybe they will work for somebody out there. First come/First served. If you want these indicate in this thread and I will send an email so you can pay with PayPal.

There will be bigger and more bizarre blocks coming soon. Watch for Buckeye Burl, Spalted Maple Burl and Some Good Redwood Burl coming tomorrow.

Attachments

• 2608c.jpg
    2608c.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 69
  • 2608b.jpg
    2608b.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 69
  • 2608a.jpg
    2608a.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
All 3 show the wood after it was stabilized. I did not polish the wood, just a quick sanding. The last photo shows how it will look out of the box.

The first 2 photos show both sides of the wood lightly misted with water to give a better idea how it will look when polished. I don't have a buffing wheel so I am unable to polish the blocks like some of the other guys.

There is real good figure in these blocks that will stand out a lot more when they're finished. Plus, they have a no questions asked, money back guarantee.

Back