• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

20 up for Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
After a lot of hand-wringing and sleepless nights, I've decided to take a chance in life and invest my time and energy into building a photography business. To do that I need to invest in additional (photography) equipment, and for that I need to liquidate some of my belongings. If I could fund the purchases without selling any of my prized possessions, I certainly would - but I can't.

Prices listed include shipping (CONUS) costs. Items will ship via USPS Priority and will include insurance. I will email the tracking number upon shipment and all items will ship within 48 hours of payment received (excepting weekends). I am willing to sell to those who live outside the lower 48 - but additional shipping costs will be your responsibility. I will ship signature required as a means of protecting both of us.

I accept paypal,USPS Money Orders and personal checks (item will be held until check clears). Please contact me via email - click my user name to contact me - as I check it frequently. I will email you my paypal address. Please include your mailing address, your forum user name and the item wanted.

Please post "I'll take it" in this thread. The first person to claim an item is the winner (in the event that several people want the same item).

Please be of legal age and make sure the item is legal in your place of residence. I cannot be responsible if that is not the case.

I represent the items as best as I can - most are unused and in the exact same condition as they were when I bought them (new). Some have seen slight use, but do not see regular use. Each item's condition will be stated below.

Buy with confidence- I offer a 3 day option of returning the item (you pay return shipping) for afull refund (including my shipping costs). This means you have 3 full days, from the time delivered, to decide if the item is as I described. If not - send me an email notifying me that you'd like to return the item, pack it securely (with insurance) and mail it back to me (in the same condition it was when received). Once I receive the item, I will send the purchase price (of that item) back to you.

The only trades I'd consider would be trades for Pentax lenses - and that would be specific lenses only.

I believe my prices are fair: they include shipping, paypal fees, and are lower than the price I paid. But I'll sweeten the deal a bit:

One of the knives offered for sale (in the two threads of knives I'll offer) will be given to one of the people who have purchased a knife (in either thread). I do not know which knife that will be - as it will be the last unsold knife. For each knife you purchase, I will add your name to a hat and when there is only one knife remaining unsold, I will pick a name out of that hat and send the unsold knife to the winner.

Please visit my other sales thread here: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...r-sale-(fixed-blades)?p=11911688#post11911688

Most of the knives in this thread were purchased from Ragweed Forge. Visit his website for detailed information on those knives.

For additional photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/93641837@N04/sets/

Ahti

Metsa - $45.00 SOLD to safetyman

This knife has seen slight use (carving wood). It is very comfortable in hand and cuts through wood with an ease that must be experienced to fully appreciate. The handles are a stained wood and it comes with a leather sheath. I don't believe you could tell the difference between this knife and one straight from the dealer.

Juhla limited - $90.00 SOLD to safetyman

This knife is unused. It is a beautiful knife and feels great in the hand. The handles are a dark wood with brass trimmings. It comes with a leather sheath and a sharpening stone. The original box is included.

Leuku 90 - $70.00 SOLD to MillersFixedBlades

This knife is unused. The handles are a dark wood, with a brass butt. The handles are full and fill the hand nicely. It comes with a leather sheath.

Last edited:
Bark River

Canadian prototype - $105.00
SOLD to Pilsburythrowboy12

I am not the original owner of this knife. I have not used this knife and it doesn't appear to have been used by the previous owner. The blade is marked 'Prototype 2005' and is of a slightly different shape than the production model bearing the same name. The handle appears to be a green micarta. The blade has a slight scuff on it. I have not attempted to polish it out, and it is visible only from certain angles. I do not know what kind of steel was used. For me, this knife feels better in the hand than the production model does. It comes with a leather sheath.

Canadian Special - $150.00 Drop to $140.00

I believe this is A2 steel. Black Micarta handles. This knife is unused and comes with the original box. The knife comes with a leather sheath.

Aurora - $160.00 SOLD to Danketch

I believe this is A2 steel. Natural Micarta handles. This knife is unused and comes with the original box. It is very comfortable in the hand. The knife comes with a leather sheath.

EKA

A10 - $90.00 Drop to $80.00 SOLD to eowyn873

This knife is unused. It comes with a very nice wooden box; featuring a burned-in image of the Three Stooges on the cover. The sheath is black leather. The wooden handle also features the Three Stooges. This is an extremely nice knife/package. The handle feels wonderful in hand. This was a tough decision (selling this one) because I really like this one.

Enzo Drop to $100.00

Trapper - $110.00 SOLD to eowyn873

01 Steel. Curly Birch handles. This knife is unused. It is a very beautiful knife and the leather sheath is quite nice as well. This was another difficult decision, as I really like this knife as well.

Helle

Alden - $80.00 Sold to magnumb

This knife is unused. This is a stunning knife - absolutely beautiful. It features a slight guard to protect against your hand slipping up onto the blade. The handles are a gorgeous wood and the sheath is one of the better leather sheaths I've seen.

Taiga - $90.00 SOLD to jnphares

This knife is unused. It features a hand-filling wood handle and comes with a great leather sheath.

Symfoni - $85.00 SOLD to comoha

This knife is unused. It features a reindeer antler spacer where the blade joins the handle. This is a very comfortable knife in the hand. It comes with a nice leather sheath.

Wind - $85.00 Drop to $75.00

This knife is unused. It is beautiful, with a gracefully curved handle and a very nice leather sheath.

Last edited:
Kellam

Wolverine - $75.00 SOLD to safetyman

This knife is unused. The dark stained wood handles are very comfortable in the hand. It comes with a nice leather sheath.

Puuko - $55.00 SOLD to lokeller2

I wasn't going to sell this knife, but decided to simply because it just doesn't get any use. I have carved wood with it on a couple of occasions (it is superb for carving) but now own a set of dedicated carving tools, so this knife just stays in my knife drawer. I really like the way the dark stained handles fit in my hand. I think you'd be hard pressed to notice any meaningful differences between this knife and a brand new one. It comes with a nice leather sheath.

Jarvenpaa

lappland puuko - $45.00 Drop to $40.00

This knife is unused. I believe this is the larger version in the series. The handles are a light stained wood and have a brass (I think it is brass) butt plate. It comes with a leather sheath.

Moose Hunter - $85.00

Model 1243 - known as the "Moose Hunter" This knife is unused. I love this knife: it is absolutely beautiful and feels amazing in hand. It comes with a leather sheath. It was a major struggle to convince myself that it had to go.

Lappin Puuko

Camping Special - $40.00

This knife has seen slight use in carving wood. It does very well in that task and feels very comfortable in hand. The handles are a stained (dark) wood and it comes with a leather sheath. I do not see any signs of use, so I doubt anyone could tell the difference between this knife and a brand new one.

Outdoor knife - $60.00 Drop to $50.00

This knife is unused. The handles are a dark stained wood and really fill the hand nicely. This is a relatively simple knife; built to last a lifetime without any worries about how fancy it looks. It comes with a nice leather sheath.

Wood Jewel

Carving knife - $40.00

This knife is unused. It is a nice looking knife with antler spacers in the handle. It comes with a leather sheath. I believe this knife would be very good for carving (hence the name, I suppose) and would make a fine edc for those who like to carry a fixed blade.

KABAR

Heavy Bowie - $45.00 SOLD to RKMoore

1085 steel. Kraton handles. This knife has seen some use - I used it over several days prior to writing a review of it. It is very sharp and quite large - enough so that it would make out just fine as a small machete. I'd keep it if I didn't already own multiple machetes (that actually see use). It comes with the original sheath and the original box.

Thank you for looking.

Last edited:
I think I have replied to all emails/messages (as of this time). If you sent me an email or message and I have not replied - please send me another email/message.

The items marked "SOLD" will ship tomorrow. I will email the tracking numbers sometime tomorrow.

Thanks for looking.

Mike

Offer sent for the Ahti Metsa, Juhla, and the Kellam Wolverine as a package.

ETA: Offer has been accepted via PM so I will take the three knives above!

Last edited:
Everything marked SOLD has shipped. Please let me know if you have not received an email with your tracking numbers.

Thanks,

Mike

I'll take the Enzo Trapper and the Bushie from the other sale thread per our email conversation. Will send payment in a while.

Edit: Payment sent

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back