2004 Wolverine Knife Show - Novi, Michigan

Happy New Year everyone! It's that time of the year to announce the annual Wolverine Collectors Club Knife show in Novi Michigan. 250 tables worth of show.

Please note the show will NOT be the last weekend in January as it has in years past. The show has been moved to the end of April for this year. The dates and times are as follows:

April 23, Friday, 12am to 8pm
April 24, Saturday, 9am to 6 pm (Auction after 6:00)
April 25, Sunday, 9am to 2pm

Address:
Novi Expo Center
4370 Expo Center Drive (in Hall A)
Novi, Michigan 48375
http://www.ismi.net/noviexpocenter/location.html

Admission: $5
Free to WKCC members ($15 membership/year)

Hotel information:
Wyndham Garden Hotel: 248-344-8800 (Rate $59, includes Breakfast buffet)
Hotel Baronette: 248-349-7800 (Rate $79, includes Breakfast, Robe, Drinks, Newspaper, VCR & more)
Courtyard by Marriott: 248-380-1234 (Rate ??)
These three are less than a mile away from the Expo center.

Give me a few and I'll attach a map with the hotels and the restaurants in the area (and there are a lot). There is a lot of shopping in the area if your spouse/significant wants to tag along and kill a bit more time while you browse knives and STS.

If anybody needs any additional information along the way please drop me an email.

Hey the show isn't this month, bummer I know. But, hey it will be spring and hopefully better weather. And, the most important thing..... Get your taxes done early this year! Use that hard earned refund money to buy knives! Or if you need to pay, buy knives first and get an extension.

Take care,
Tom (Tmac)
tmaciak@comcast.net

Tom

Thanks for the info. I'll keep an eye on this thread.

I was at the show last January and it was very good (bought a Greco Falcon from John himself).

There aren't many shows close to me here in Northern Ontario so one within 300 miles is great to see.

Bringing this back up to the top so nobody makes plans for this weekend.

See ya,
Tom

Tom,

This is one of my favorite shows, and Normark's annual opportunity to try to mess with me in person (ya' got to admire that boy's persistence). Wouldn't miss it for the world. Yurco should be back as well, and we can all have another go at terrorizing the local restaurants - that waitress kept her cool pretty well with all the bladeware flying around the table.

SWEET! I live 10 minutes from there. I was wondering if there were any good knife shows that would be coming to the area. The old gun & knife shows my dad and I would go to when I was a kid just don't have the quality they used to.

If any of you fellas plan on being in town and need info on excellent resturants or bars, etc. Just drop me an email.

drewzintense@aol.com

I also live about 10 min. from the Expo Center.

I live for this show! The highlight the year.

Does Wolverine still have a website? The site I have doesn't seem to work.

Mike

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Who's gonna be there? Knifemakers/manufacturers, that is..

Tom,

Good seeing you and Mick again at the MBC class in Columbus - getting together again in Novi. Let me know if I need to bring anything over and above the usual.

dagomike: Yes, very cool show...... like Christmas in Spring. The old website has been offline, here the new one ..... http://www.wolverineknifecollectorsclub.com/

Midget: I had a list of the Makers/Dealers/Manufactures in a newsletter. I'll see if I can scrounge it up. I know most of the people from last year are returning and hopefully a few new ones.

Mr. Sastre: Yes, very cool to see and train with you and Mickey again at MBC, quite a good time. And nice to meet some other high speed individuals. Mr. Janich's classes always revitalizes me for the rest of the year. Now I'm in the garage making a nice bowie trainer and a EDC trainer. I'll bring them to the show if I'm done.
I'll give you a call before the show.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

Take care,
Tom

I will be there. Last time had a nice turn out of makers I didn't expect to see. I spoke to John Greco today (bought two knives) and it sounds like he's done with the knife business. Too bad, I would have liked to meet him in person.

--Brian

O.K., finally found my list of attendees........ take a deep breath...

CUSTOM MAKERS
Tim Adlam - Wisconson
Doug Alcorn - Michigan
Joe Arnold - Ontario Canada
Bill Behnke - Michigan
Jim Behring - Michigan
Phil Booth - Michigan
Chad Carroll - Michigan
Jeff Claiborne - Indiana
George Cousino - Michigan
Don Cowles - Michigan
Frank Dilluvio - Michigan
Jeff Diotte - Ontario Canada
James Downie - Ontario Canada
James Downs - Ohio
Richard Driggs- Michigan
Jake Elenbass - Michigan
Walter Erickson - Michigan
Dick Faust - New York
Larry Gordon - Michigan
Daryl Hibben - Kentucky
William Jones - Michigan
Ed Kalfayan - Michigan
Mike Kinker Indiana
Mike Leach- Michigan
Mick Koval - Ohio
Jack Mosher - Michigan
Mike Murphy - Michigan
Mark Nevling - Illinois
Dennis Pettigrew - Indiana
Mike Sakmar - Michigan
James R. Shaver II - W. Virginia
Andre Thorburn - South Africa
Bobby Toole - Mississippi
Andre van Heerden - South Africa
Steve Vanderdolff - Ontario Canada
Gerry Vessella - Michigan
George Werth - Illinois
Wayne Whittaker - Michigan
R.W. Wilson - W. Virginia
Webster Wood - Michigan
George Young - Indiana
Mickey Yurko - Ohio

KNIFEMAKING SUPPLIES
Arno Bernard - JAB knife handle supplies - S. Africa
Jeff Diotte - Steel, handle supplies & more - Canada
Mick Koval - Everything - Ohio
George Werth - Damascus - Illinois
R.W. Wilson - Anything you need - W. Virginia

CUSTOM KNIFE PURVEYOURS
Jim Behring - Michigan
John Cable - Bark River Knives -Michigan
Jerry Cozort - Indiana
Jo ENders - Michigan
Hank Rummel - New York
Jerry Schroeder - Ohio

CUSTOM KNIFE SCRIMSHANDERS
Diane Hecht - Ohio
John Metry- Michigan

CUSTOM KNIFE DISPLAYS
Larry Bailey - ABS Custom Knives
Patrick Donovan - Custom Knives- Michigan Makers
Paul Lansingh - ABS Custom Knives

SHEATH MAKERS
Jack Mosher - Michigan
Eric Noeldechen - On/Scene Tactical - Ontario Canada
Mike Sastre - River City Sheaths - Ohio

Plus a slew of collectors and dealers with Case, Queen, Buck, Spyderco, Al Mar, Cold Steel, Ruana, Randall, Marbles, Bark River, Ontario, CRKT, Busse and many more.

There may be more makers. I have had other makers inquiring about tables. This is just the list I have from the February newsletter.

Now I need to ice down my carpletunnel.

I'll see everybody this weekend, I'll be wearing a name tag, so stop me and say hi.

Take care,
Tom Maciak (Tmac)

Back