2012 Fighter

Daniel Fairly Knives

Full Time Knifemaker
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
I'm still working on this one, check it out.

023-3.jpg

015-6.jpg

020-5.jpg

029-5.jpg

038-4.jpg

Cool!

It's...

5160 steel,
11" long with a 6" blade
copper scales and hardware - I hammered, patinad and heat colored the copper
tapered tang
chisel grind, thin blade with thicker handle
deeply etched blade

I started this knife up over a year ago in my first ever batch of knives! I wanted to do the copper scales on it and have been planning it for a while. The grind is pretty wild and the blade goes from thick to thin very quickly and stays that way, I think the blade is around 3/32" thick. The knife is crazy fast in the hand and the balance lies in the middle of the handle.

It is very different than anything else I have ever made and I can only describe it as my wild take on a Spanish fighting knife from long ago.

I'm still doing some work on it, once I sharpen it I'll be pretty close to finished.

I don't know what I could use it for, but that thing is so far out that it's cool. :p

For some reason I can see you slicing off rib eye steaks from the primal cut with that thing! I see you have been taking notes from my neighbor Serge Panchenko, it really reminds me of some of the stuff he does, but deffinetley a DFK!

Wicked cool, that's all I can say about that!

-Xander

Wow daniel.... playing with carving knife designs last night, and apart from the aggressive curve to the grip - that's damn close to what i was coming up with. Really like the super thin blade.

Get the roast beef out!

yup, tofurkey carver for sure. :D nice job on the heat coloring! PEACE

Back