2012 HTM Forum Gunhammer: Handle anodizing color -- *INPUT NEEDED*

What anodizing color would you like on the 2012 HTM Fourm Gunhammer?

• Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Flat Natural Earth (Tan/Brown)

• Shark Gray

• Weird-Ass Yellow

• Blue

• Brick Red

• I'm fine with any of them/Anything except Weird-Ass Yellow

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am pretty close to wanting to go with fate. I think the color turns out lighter, generally, than how it looks on a computer screen.

I'd be interested to find out the pantones that got used for the various handles, so we can get an idea for how it would happen. Since neuron's out of town, should we just make a different poll to get people's opinions?
I have internet access at the hotel I'm staying at tonight. Not too surprised that a test/sample handle isn't in the offing since the anodizing on the HTM knives is, I believe, done by a third party, but I guess it couldn't hurt to ask.

Given that we're going to be taking pre-commitments/pre-orders on these, it'd be good if people knew what they were ordering in terms of the color (i.e., one of the colors we have examples of). If we do go with green, I think it'd be best to err on the side of a darker shade of green like the Evergreen suggested above (or maybe even something a bit darker); if that turns out a bit different from how it looks in the photos, it's more likely to be blackish except in bright light, instead of gray or yellow.

I'd be up for starting a poll to see if there's interest in taking our chances with a color code but no sample. It looks like Blue has pulled ahead by a few votes, so if there isn't a lot of enthusiasm for doing the mystery shade of green, we'll go with Blue.

Does anyone have a physical object with the forest green everyone (myself included) has been seeking? If so then it can be sent as a test sample for the anodizer to match. Yes, I have been there done that. I am a little spoiled though as my personal anodizer (same one that we use at work) is 3 blocks from McLeod's shop. (where I work)

Does anyone have a physical object with the forest green everyone (myself included) has been seeking? If so then it can be sent as a test sample for the anodizer to match. Yes, I have been there done that. I am a little spoiled though as my personal anodizer (same one that we use at work) is 3 blocks from McLeod's shop. (where I work)
Good suggestion. Sending in a physical object will reduce the potential error associated with colors looking slightly different on different computer monitors.

Do you guys smell that?

Mmm, teamwork.

I'm not sure what the process involves, but I do like green for sure.

I love that yellowish dessert tan. Amazing color~
The fact not many vote for it too, Love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back