2013 fish pic thread

Caught on a recent trip to Exmouth, Western Australia.

Attachments

• IMG-20130528-WA0014.jpg
    IMG-20130528-WA0014.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 20
Aint it grand when they are so big you can get your thumb in their mouth.:thumbup:

Indeed it is.

These were caught out of the Tennessee River.........Ditto Marina to be quite specific.

Couple of weeks back, I caught one that eclipsed all of these......pushing 2 pounds......biggest of my life. Turned to my son when I realized that I left my phone at the house and asked him to take a shot.

He sheepishly looked at me and shrugged his shoulders.....he had left his at home too.

We both laughed, I crouched down to the water's edge, and gently placed that monster back in the drink. Been trying to meet up with him again ever since.

Do these count?
D5CBD269-F705-4687-93DB-589C27D9327A-8672-00001576D14A63D2_zpseb5aaa40.jpg

Had a pretty good morning.

This one was about 8 inches....

This one was a 1/16 shy of ten......and put up one hades of a fight. A guy in a truck came to a complete stop and watched. I thought I had a largemouth or a catfish and the drag engaged a couple of times. Four pound test on a cricket.

My wife was able to visit me so I finally had a photographer with me.
We caught a lot of chunky walleyes but couldn't break the 30" mark while she was there.

1170876_10153122037705103_824067994_n.jpg

You guys might get a kick outta this video.
Eagles gotta eat too!

[video=youtube;p85q8NJxg8w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=p85q8NJxg8w[/video]

Last edited:
A fish just caught this weekend on the small river I frequenty canoe. Now that I know that nice cats are there...
r2jd06.png

I posted these pics in a backpacking thread I made, but here are some California golden/rainbow hybrid trout caught in the Eastern High Sierras:

You guys might get a kick outta this video.
Eagles gotta eat too!

[video=youtube;p85q8NJxg8w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=p85q8NJxg8w[/video]

Awesome! :thumbup:

double tap...

Strange, almost never had them here and last week or 2, lot's of double taps... :confused:

Last edited:
Just got back from a trip to NH and caught my 1st Crappie...interesting fish. Was a chunky monkey- 2 lbs plus.

Caught this one out on the pond today. Contemplated eating him, but threw him back.
83FImNV.jpg

Edit: Fixed the image link. Trash in the back wasn't mind by the way, just piled that up. Ended up finding a bucket out in the woods, and paracorded it to part of the dock to throw all the trash in. Went back the next day to clean it out with a trashbag, hopefully others start using it.

Last edited:
1st Crappie? Well done! Takes a bit of work up here to get some nice ones like that!

Nice fish posted yesterday. Heck with it , Im taking the day off and going fishing.

Codger, Thats a "Big" ol flathead.

Yep, it was posted on my outfitter's FB page with no information as to weight, etc. I didn't even know there were cats there, much less ones this large. So far I have only caught smallmouth, goggleeye and bream there.

Went again today to get rid of the trash I collected from people and do a little fishing on my day off. This guy kept taking chunks of shiners, finally drew him in close enough to get him out with the net for some pictures and relocation so he wouldn't hooked himself.
yTUjWVC.jpg

b87XZ4M.jpg

Then this muskrat comes out of the brush and is doing some swimming in front of me, he keeps coming closer and closer which I didn't mind, he was off to the side staying clear of my lines.

YKHam7i.jpg

The turtle comes back and is near my hooks again so i go to real the other pole in away from the turtle, do that fine, I look back the muskrat has himself caught in my line. So i pulled him in closer trying not to pull on the line. The poor guy is freaking out! I feel horrible! I get him up with the net, luckily I had my Mora on my belt so I cut him lose and as I start untangling him he calms down. I place him back in the water and I look back at him and hes drowning! Must have either hurt his tail or was just so panicked and exhausted by the whole ordeal. I pull him back out with the net place him off to the side on land, hes just laying there breathing really heavy. I pour some water him slowly and he pops up and starts cleaning himself and eating a branch. I felt so guilty I waited with him there for a good hour until he got up and walked away.

HxkmAUJ.jpg

AeNCIu0.jpg

s1tCJPA.jpg

2HY0ccb.jpg

No fish today though! :rolleyes:

Back