2019 BLADE Show Knife of the Year® Award Winners

Yes I realize that but my point is, for the price they could have used much stronger titanium instead of aluminum. And you're the one saying "sheesh" to my comment? That's a laugh.
There's nothing wrong with the aluminum.

Their website archive indicates they were using 7075 early on in the run, but 6061 T6 is fine to me. Considering the machining being done one the knives, they would cost a lot more if done in titanium and we'd get almost nothing of benefit out of it.

About the FOX Knives Radius: "Judges commented on the innovative opening mechanism and quality workmanship. The patent-pending mechanism requires the user to slightly depress and move the button along the U-shaped track for opening and closing."

Innovative? It's the same push button opener CRKT has used for years but closer to the pivot. Only difference is CRKT uses AO to compensate for the lack of leverage and Fox uses ball bearings. Just another fiddly "solution" for a problem that doesn't exist. Also, not hard to imagine a firm squeeze while in use unlocking it.

Back