• Bare End

Votes: 171 62.0%
  • End Capped

Votes: 105 38.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
That does look nice, but I'll counter it with some pictures of lovely bare head jacks.
A9N9CnS.jpg

R8NGMZf.jpg
I like those too.

Bare End is great and I really like that feature until the day comes that I drop the knife and it lands on the bare end and cracks, breaks a piece off, chips, etc..

Thanks. My sheepfoot Boker was re-covered for me in ebony, but I also have one of the black synthetic clip points. I think they also made a spear point version.
One more picture:
Sez19q2.jpg

I've usually seen these referred to as "bare headed", probably because writing "look at these pictures of bare ends." can be misinterpreted. :p

Wow! That's some good Ebony on that sheepsfoot, I zoomed in and still thought it was synthetic. Might I ask what the blade etch says? I can't quite make it out and I don't see any on my two either. I don't mean to get too off topic, just curious.

Wow! That's some good Ebony on that sheepsfoot, I zoomed in and still thought it was synthetic. Might I ask what the blade etch says? I can't quite make it out and I don't see any on my two either. I don't mean to get too off topic, just curious.
"TREE BRAND"
Why are you undecided, John?
Well, I'm so glad you all asked me that ;)
If it's wood, then definitely a barehead for me.
But if it's bone, then I'd prefer an end cap to keep it safe.
I can't argue with that logic. Still, I like to live dangerously. :D

Why are you undecided, John?
Well, I'm so glad you all asked me that ;)
If it's wood, then definitely a barehead for me.
But if it's bone, then I'd prefer an end cap to keep it safe.
This is kind of how I feel as well.

I can tell you firsthand that you can still break bone pretty easily by dropping it even with double bolsters. I did it on a stockman. It doesn’t always land on its end.

I can tell you firsthand that you can still break bone pretty easily by dropping it even with double bolsters. I did it on a stockman. It doesn’t always land on its end.
Dropped a trapper. Hit the ground on the center pin and got a hairline fracture there. You're right!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back