2019 GEC 86 Oil Field Jack and Forum Knife Picture Thread

z6KO7fT.jpg

Bummed for BaconTKN BaconTKN .

Jim have you been using your Brazilian cherry 86?

QgRNdxB.jpeg
This is the crappy part about what’s going on. He’s a good guy. Rules are rules, but the negativity sucks. I get where it comes from, and wish it didn’t happen. No process can be expected to be perfect. At least that’s the feeling I get from it. He offered to buy me a knife at the rendezvous that I didn’t take him up on.

This is the crappy part about what’s going on. He’s a good guy. Rules are rules, but the negativity sucks. I get where it comes from, and wish it didn’t happen. No process can be expected to be perfect. At least that’s the feeling I get from it. He offered to buy me a knife at the rendezvous that I didn’t take him up on.
Yep, IMO "the porch" needs to be more welcoming and lead people to be ready for the next forum knife ( if there is one). We might find some good people on the way.

Yep, IMO "the porch" needs to be more welcoming and lead people to be ready for the next forum knife ( if there is one). We might find some good people on the way.
The other thread wasn’t the place and this may not be either, but I appreciate you providing the opportunity to defend him. An original concern was the dreaded flipper coming in. I know he is not one of them, and I would prefer he not be associated with those who exploit people within this community.

The other thread wasn’t the place and this may not be either, but I appreciate you providing the opportunity to defend him. An original concern was the dreaded flipper coming in. I know he is not one of them, and I would prefer he not be associated with those who exploit people within this community.
I understand, I just know he has a nice 86 collection. Want him to get involved away from the other thread.

Going to put this here since the “Oil Jack” started me down this rabbit hole. It’s funny to me that when GEC first announced the 86 pattern I had no interest in it. Then I saw the oily bone Tidioute with the stamped wrench shield. On a whim I ordered one because I liked the look of the shield. Head kinda exploded once I got it in hand. I prefer knives with a bit of heft and size. This 86 pattern was dialed in as far as my preference in a traditional knife was concerned. GEC then went on to make some truly special renditions of the 86; waynorth waynorth ‘s SFO, 2019 BF sailors rope knife, stainless Barlows, 2021 BF Barlow, etc. I would be really hard pressed to chose a favorite rendition, but can easily call the 86 my favorite GEC pattern to date.

AZBHbeD.jpg

d1yyVtG.jpg

I would be really hard pressed to chose a favorite rendition, but can easily call the 86 my favorite GEC pattern to date.
Nice collection, Joel!!
Some variations to add! A family of BFs 1.jpg
The BF # 86 is such a great knife, I bet we'll see more alterations in the future; handle relacements, (Stag by J jsdistin ), and etchings like Merle and his brothers by Chip!! WValtakis WValtakis !!

Going to put this here since the “Oil Jack” started me down this rabbit hole. It’s funny to me that when GEC first announced the 86 pattern I had no interest in it. Then I saw the oily bone Tidioute with the stamped wrench shield. On a whim I ordered one because I liked the look of the shield. Head kinda exploded once I got it in hand. I prefer knives with a bit of heft and size. This 86 pattern was dialed in as far as my preference in a traditional knife was concerned. GEC then went on to make some truly special renditions of the 86; waynorth waynorth ‘s SFO, 2019 BF sailors rope knife, stainless Barlows, 2021 BF Barlow, etc. I would be really hard pressed to chose a favorite rendition, but can easily call the 86 my favorite GEC pattern to date.

AZBHbeD.jpg

d1yyVtG.jpg
Nice collection! If you have some expendable money and want to add something special, there's a sale in the Exchange you should examine. . .

Back