2020 GEC Rendezvous - August 7th and 8th

I know it’s only February but I’m already looking forward to the Rendezvous. We can’t wait to visit old friends and meet some new ones. They changed the format this year by starting the Rendezvous on Friday. As usual please post here if your going to attend. Anything Rendezvous related. Maybe we can post knives and photos from past Rendezvous gatherings. Hope to see everyone there.

Here’s the info from the GEC web site.

2020 GREAT EASTERN CUTLERY ANNUAL RENDEZVOUS
AUGUST 7 TH & 8 TH

FRIDAY

7:00 AM TO 5:00 PM

TOURS AVAILABLE

SATURDAY

7:00 AM TO 3:00 PM

SATURDAY

PICNIC 4:00 PM – MYSTIC PARK — RSVP

Friday — 30 Serialized Rendezvous Knives for sale

Saturday – 20 Serialized Rendezvous Knives for sale

TENT SPACE AVAILABLE IN FRONT OF THE GEC FACTORY

HOT DOGS AND POPCORN AND REFRESHMENTS AVAILABLE FRIDAY AND SATURDAY

CALL FOR MORE DETAILS.

One day I'd love to attend this, but it's not really in the cards for me. I enjoy watching these threads each Summer. It's almost like being there, and fun to live vicariously through those that are able to attend. Will be watching this thread :)

Seeing how that would be about a 1250 mile (one way) trip on the bike, I sorta doubt I'll be able to make it. I did a 3000 mile round trip last June, so my wife would likely not approve of this one....
Sounds like it would be fun, though.

Picked these up at the 2019 Rendezvous :

It would be nice to see as many of you there as possible . I fully expect to see these same Old Codgers there .

And of course there will be someone around to tell you first timers where to go .

Just don't expect to see the same knives that I have shown above to be available again .

Harry

A lot of people attend the Rendezvous each year for the special knives. I will admit that is a good reason. There are always the yearly Rendezvous knives. For the last several years they have made 50. In years past it was 30. Then there are the “Specials”. These are knives they build just to sell at the Rendezvous. These are usually in very low numbers produced. The numbers will vary. And of course they always have various Store knives. These are marked with an “S”. They could be current or older production. There will also always be some of the current production first quality knives to choose from.

Last year, after waiting on the Porch since 11:00PM the night before, I bought my Rendezvous knife #3 first thing and then I went outside to Charlie’s table. I was able to get three Grail knives from Charlie. I bought two Farmers Jacks, a #38 Orchard Gem and a #38 Lick Creek. Both NIT and as most of you know, extremely hard to find. Then I got a 1 of 27 Special Smooth White WCLF that Bill made for Charlie to sell at the Rendezvous. This was all by around 9:00AM. At this point I was content to chill on the Porch and talk to the crowd. Later in the afternoon I went back in the showroom after some of the crowd had dispersed. I was able to get a Northfield #93 Real Ram Foot Jigged Bone. It was a “S” model. That concluded my first day purchases.

48491941457_d7efa7a4c4_o_d.jpg

This is one of the real reasons Pam and I attend the Rendezvous each year. The people that we have meet and see each year. Where else can you get genuine Wisconsin Brats grilled by none other than the Grill Master, Harry Old Engineer Old Engineer . Nancy and Harry are just two of the great friends we have meet at the Rendezvous. :)

48491941547_5439e35330_o_d.jpg

I LOVE the new setup for several reasons 1) On the old setup I stayed up all night Wednesday then had to go back to work Thursday afternoon. Kinda tough lol Now I'll just come straight from work. 2) It will condense things so that more people are there Friday. 3) Saturday won't be so slow

I will be there with a table displaying all the Rendezvous Specials since 2014, as well as other knives.

I'm looking forward to seeing all the usuals on the porch :thumbsup:

Old Engineer Old Engineer that Pearl cattle knife is beautiful, I almost picked that one up. Nice snag!

Stropping Young Lad Stropping Young Lad you setting up a table?

Last edited:
A lot of people attend the Rendezvous each year for the special knives. I will admit that is a good reason. There are always the yearly Rendezvous knives. For the last several years they have made 50. In years past it was 30. Then there are the “Specials”. These are knives they build just to sell at the Rendezvous. These are usually in very low numbers produced. The numbers will vary. And of course they always have various Store knives. These are marked with an “S”. They could be current or older production. There will also always be some of the current production first quality knives to choose from.

Last year, after waiting on the Porch since 11:00PM the night before, I bought my Rendezvous knife #3 first thing and then I went outside to Charlie’s table. I was able to get three Grail knives from Charlie. I bought two Farmers Jacks, a #38 Orchard Gem and a #38 Lick Creek. Both NIT and as most of you know, extremely hard to find. Then I got a 1 of 27 Special Smooth White WCLF that Bill made for Charlie to sell at the Rendezvous. This was all by around 9:00AM. At this point I was content to chill on the Porch and talk to the crowd. Later in the afternoon I went back in the showroom after some of the crowd had dispersed. I was able to get a Northfield #93 Real Ram Foot Jigged Bone. It was a “S” model. That concluded my first day purchases.

48491941457_d7efa7a4c4_o_d.jpg

This is one of the real reasons Pam and I attend the Rendezvous each year. The people that we have meet and see each year. Where else can you get genuine Wisconsin Brats grilled by none other than the Grill Master, Harry Old Engineer Old Engineer . Nancy and Harry are just two of the great friends we have meet at the Rendezvous. :)

48491941547_5439e35330_o_d.jpg

its been getting cold in Titusville these last few years! The first summer I went it was blistering but looking at that picture, Harry there looks like hes ready for the fall weather

Im looking at flights from Scotland via Toronto. That seems to be my cheapest option. Possibly fly in on the Wednesday and drive down on the Thursday. Been mulling this over for the last few years - time to get my ass in gear.:)

Donna and I will most likely still get there Wednesday afternoon, maybe take a ride over to the Case Museum on Thursday. Hopefully the friends we have made will still get there on Weds and we can spend a couple days socializing.
Also hopefully I'm able to make it, knee that kept me out of last years Rendezvous healed but when I went back to work in November I tore my right rotator cuff and am again waiting on surgery, having to fight Workmans Comp, hoping to have surgery in March or April.

I plan to attend this year for the first time. I actually grew up in Titusville but rarely get back that way anymore as I live about 6 hours away (better than Scotland I guess so no more excuses from me!:D)

Looking forward to meeting many of the fine folks that have made me feel welcomed on "the porch" over the past year!

Donna and I will most likely still get there Wednesday afternoon, maybe take a ride over to the Case Museum on Thursday. Hopefully the friends we have made will still get there on Weds and we can spend a couple days socializing.
Also hopefully I'm able to make it, knee that kept me out of last years Rendezvous healed but when I went back to work in November I tore my right rotator cuff and am again waiting on surgery, having to fight Workmans Comp, hoping to have surgery in March or April.

you benching too much like @paulhilborn eh? gotta take it easy in the gym!

its been getting cold in Titusville these last few years! The first summer I went it was blistering but looking at that picture, Harry there looks like hes ready for the fall weather
How you doing Jack ??? Good to hear from you my friend . It is not so much that it was cold as it was later in the day , in the shade , and my blood is not as thick as it used to be .

Harry

Yep, I'm coming from Texas again. This will be my 10th year in a row. Last year I was hobbling due to a foot surgery and did some suffering for the cause. It was well worth it to see the great guys and gals. Foot is 90% now. Old folks heal slower. Old folks have taught me the best things in life.

How you doing Jack ??? Good to hear from you my friend . It is not so much that it was cold as it was later in the day , in the shade , and my blood is not as thick as it used to be .

Harry

Not too bad, your self Harry? How are you and Nancy, hope things are going swell for you and the family!

I won't be able to make it out this year unfortunately...just have too many big trips already planned. I really hope I can make it happen next year. Until then, I am looking forward to the OKCA show in April. For me, that is the closest to a GEC Rendezvous as I can get :)

As always, I very much look forward to the photos and stories this year. I get all giddy seeing the SFA's, grails, etc!!! Thanks everyone for sharing here :thumbsup:

Oh no. I wasn't considering the 'vous when we set up our beach week..........

Back