2020- What's your goal?

Sell our business and properties and retire. Buy a small motor home and spend how ever long we feel like travelling North America. Take a month or two or more and ride my bicycle down the coastal highway from Vancouver to Los Angeles. Become proficient at growing medical grade MJ now that its legal here in Canada. Enjoy everyday for what it is and try to learn as much as I can about whatever subject peaks my interests.

I am on a parallel track
https://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/35152180

OK here’s my new resolution because I finally figured one out:

I plan on digging up this thread exactly in 366 days (accounting for this leap year!) and then hold every single one of you accountable for these which you’ve resolved yourselves to! I’ll be the new year resolution inspector :D

Sell our business and properties and retire. Buy a small motor home and spend how ever long we feel like travelling North America. Take a month or two or more and ride my bicycle down the coastal highway from Vancouver to Los Angeles. Become proficient at growing medical grade MJ now that its legal here in Canada. Enjoy everyday for what it is and try to learn as much as I can about whatever subject peaks my interests.
1efnho0.jpg

The ball has started rolling, except the small motor home ended up being a 42' bus. I spent the day setting up my truck to be our Toad for when we begin our Canadian tour next year.

Buy a house, do exciting things with my son, get a CPK folder
Well we bought a house. Moving was terrible, I never want to do that again.

I've done some things with my son, but it has been limited a bit by the pandemic. I enjoy all the advances he makes and the joy he finds in simple things, like a breath of fresh air.

So 2020 was looking up besides covid, but then my dad passed away earlier this month. We are having a small service for him tomorrow, which should be much bigger but because of restrictions is going to be less than 20 people. It's like every time there is something good, it's balanced out by a sad moment. I guess that's life.

Edit: where's my folder at??

Well we bought a house. Moving was terrible, I never want to do that again.

I've done some things with my son, but it has been limited a bit by the pandemic. I enjoy all the advances he makes and the joy he finds in simple things, like a breath of fresh air.

So 2020 was looking up besides covid, but then my dad passed away earlier this month. We are having a small service for him tomorrow, which should be much bigger but because of restrictions is going to be less than 20 people. It's like every time there is something good, it's balanced out by a sad moment. I guess that's life.

Edit: where's my folder at??
My condolence. As sad as inevitable. I wish you and yours the very best.

my goal for 2020 is to forget 2020

The problem with that goal, although not being totally dismissive of its psychological benefits, is that there are no indications whatsoever whether backed by data, information, science and trends that 2021 and beyond will be any better than this miserable 2020!

People close to me IRL often tell me that I am more pessimistic than optimistic and that I've been saying this kinda shit for over 10 years now. Guilty as charged! However, when I see that an increasing number of people rather believe in "truthiness" for many, many reasons but to put it quite benignly and mildly, because it makes them feel good/better about themselves, instead of the cold hard facts of actuality, I do not see a great forward trajectory.

I feel badly for pissing in the punch bowl in this way but I have got to tell you this:

Despite thousands of years of agricultural, industrial and information/technological evolution, we human beings have not really evolved very much emotionally as compared to our cave dwelling ancestors of say 10,000 years ago and unfortunately our default disposition when faced with calamitous situations is to go full-on tribal because when we were not so "advanced", circling the wagons and balling up like a steel fist was the way that our ancestors managed to protect their tribes. We are so tribal as beings that in fact some scientists whose expertise is to study human behavior have wondered and marveled at us not wiping ourselves off to extinction a long ago!

Good morning y'all :)

I was absent for the first go around of this thread but with the disaster of a year world events wise, personal drama like the court case and car accident injuries, family health problems and the amount of industrial accidents at work this year, I just want to get to 2021.

Really, that’s it. I never thought I’d wish away a year but here I am. Seriously, $*^% this year.

Back