2022 Spyderco Product Guide - Now Live!

Did anyone notice which models were in magnacut?

The Native 5 Salt (C41PYL5) on Pg 71 of the new catalog is designated to use MagnaCut but I wouldn't hold my breathe waiting for it to be released.

If you actually want a knife made w/MagnaCut and didn't get one in the recent release, better to buy a Mule MT35 now at flipper prices (going for around $200 plus around another $100 if you don't already have a pair of scales and a sheath for it) than wait for the Salt version.

I don't keep up with spyderco that much, what is new in the catalog besides some steel changes? Were there new designs?

In the 2022 catalog, the following are new models which have not been released before:

1. Autonomy2 LC200N Black DLC Blade CombinationEdge Black G-10 C165GPSBBK2 (USA)
  2. Lil' Native SlipIt CPM-S30V Black G-10 C230NLGP (USA)
  3. Swick5 Large PlainEdge LC200N Black G-10 Boltaron Sheath FB14P5 (USA)
  4. Swick5 Large SpyderEdge LC200N Black G-10 Boltaron Sheath FB14S5 (USA)
  5. Swick6 Small PlainEdge LC200N Black G-10 Boltaron Sheath FB14P6 (USA)
  6. Swick6 Small SpyderEdge LC200N Black G-10 Boltaron Sheath FB14S6 (USA)
  7. Delica4 LightWeight K390 Wharncliffe PlainEdge Blade Blue FRN C11FPWK390 (Japan)
  8. Delica4 LightWeight K390 Wharncliffe SpyderEdge Blade Blue FRN C11FSWK390 (Japan)
  9. Delica4 LightWeight K390 SpyderEdge Blade Blue FRN C11FSK390 (Japan)
  10. Dragonfly2 LightWeight K390 Wharncliffe Blade Blue FRN C28FP2WK390 (Japan)
  11. Endela LightWeight K390 SpyderEdge Blade Blue FRN C243FSK390 (Japan)
  12. Endura4 LightWeight K390 SpyderEdge Blade Blue FRN C10FSK390 (Japan)
  13. Resilience Lightweight CPM-S35VN PlainEdge Satin Blade Blue FRN C142PBL (China)
  14. Resilience Lightweight CPM-S35VN CombinationEdge Satin Blade Blue FRN C142PSBL (China)

In the 2022 catalog, the following are new models which have not been released before:

1. Autonomy2 LC200N Black DLC Blade CombinationEdge Black G-10 C165GPSBBK2 (USA)
  7. Delica4 LightWeight K390 Wharncliffe PlainEdge Blade Blue FRN C11FPWK390 (Japan)
  8. Delica4 LightWeight K390 Wharncliffe SpyderEdge Blade Blue FRN C11FSWK390 (Japan)
  13. Resilience Lightweight CPM-S35VN PlainEdge Satin Blade Blue FRN C142PBL (China)
  14. Resilience Lightweight CPM-S35VN CombinationEdge Satin Blade Blue FRN C142PSBL (China)
Thank you. I don't think any are new designs though, right? Just different variations of existing designs?

Last edited:
Thank you. I don't think any are new designs though, right? Just different variations of existing designs?

Kind of a yes and no. Although they’re new models most are based on existing models with variations in steel and/or handle material or color. The Swick is different enough to be a somewhat new design once you include the ring size and sheath. The Lil’ Native was previously released with two types of locks and this new one is a non-lockable slip joint.

Why isnt the Native Salt Magnacut mentioned in this list?

I see the Siren is still in the catalog. Have you fixed the lock, or are you continuing to sell defective and potentially hazardous to use Sirens? tazkristi tazkristi Sal Glesser Sal Glesser

I see the Siren is still in the catalog. Have you fixed the lock, or are you continuing to sell defective and potentially hazardous to use Sirens? tazkristi tazkristi Sal Glesser Sal Glesser
Awhile back in the Siren said Sal said they aren't shipping more til the fix is out. Not discontinued either though so still in the caralog

I'm unhappy with the 2022 reveal. All I see are new iterations of knives I've already purchased or never wanted to purchase. I miss the old days of all kinds of interesting new models being debuted every year. The Mr. Blonde threads. More price increases is also very daunting. I might buy a Shaman variant if the availability is there. Otherwise, I already still have all the Spydercos I want. This is several years of reveals in a row that I have felt this way.

I'm unhappy with the 2022 reveal. All I see are new iterations of knives I've already purchased or never wanted to purchase. I miss the old days of all kinds of interesting new models being debuted every year

This is something that I also previously "lamented." See: Anyone Else Concerned?

The "heyday" of new and exciting models to be released by Spyderco (and other companies) has passed (at least for now).

For better or worse, today is the day of minor variations to established models that are KNOWN to sell well. No more (or few) experiments in the extreme that, while admirable and interesting, are not "sure" to pay off.

It'll take a resurgence in the economy to change things, which it seems is a LONG WAY off.

This is something that I also previously "lamented." See: Anyone Else Concerned?

The "heyday" of new and exciting models to be released by Spyderco (and other companies) has passed (at least for now).

For better or worse, today is the day of minor variations to established models that are KNOWN to sell well. No more (or few) experiments in the extreme that, while admirable and interesting, are not "sure" to pay off.

It'll take a resurgence in the economy to change things, which it seems is a LONG WAY off.

Spyderco didn't have anything fresh for me here, but it is cool to see MagnaCut in the Salt Series. Kershaw and CRKT were not only a whiff but straight fails.

While neither seems to be doing a big-batch release for 2022, WE and Kizer have been consistently putting out new products. WE did a lot of interesting stuff towards the end of 2021 and new releases keep trickling out. Notable examples include the Seer, Snick, and Civivi Cogent. WE also changed up their tiers and are doing some interesting entry-level stuff with Sencut.

This seems to be part of a larger trend. It's been a few years since Chinese companies took over the budget scene, at least outside of places like the Walmart sporting goods counter. The ongoing trends of 8Cr13Mov and janky assisted actions have felt obsolete for years. At all levels, now I mostly see interesting things happening with those companies.

Sal mentioned that Spyderco is exploring options to upgrade their bottom-tier Chinese knives and 9Cr18Mov is a possibility. That would be great, but who knows when it will happen. I also wish they would upgrade their hardware and make their knives more mod-friendly. I'd gotten used to T8 body screws and reasonable hardware. Then I got the new S35VN Tenacious... Disassembly and reassembly were a pain. Centering issues were persistent. Fit and finish on their Chinese knives is just nowhere near as good as the budget stuff from WE, Kizer, or some of the other Chinese companies.

Yes nothing new at all. Very sad. Anyway,,,,

C260TIP_Both.png

Yeah, I just saw the Stovepipe in the new "Reveal" and I was also "surprised" by the pending release of the MT32P (SRS13/SUS405).

MSRP on the Stovepipe is $600 ($420 MAP). Really? It just brings to mind the bizarre Viele Phoenix Red Sprint that "only" sold for $450 MSRP ($315 MAP).

And I still don't understand what SRS/13/SUS405 is, even after reading about it. I'm sure it's a cutting edge steel laminate but SRS13/SUS405 doesn't roll off of the tongue like "MagnaCut" does. I could be wrong but I don't think the website will go "down" on day 1 for orders for it like it did for the MagnaCut.

LOL! ;)

But, I agree, it's not like they're still not trying to release anything "new" but these 2 pending releases seem to be on the extreme, bracketing the minor variations of current models, like the peel on carbon fiber Yojumbo and Stretch 2 XL, that are at the heart of their new catalog and reveal.

However, I do like their new "Respect" hats and I hope that I can add one to an order for a knife sometime in the near future. :)

Last edited:

That's certainly "new"... It's definitely not for me. It's not the price, though that could be a dealbreaker. It's the style. Who is this for? (Is it for the guy in frumpy dress clothes and a top hat on the beach in the Reveal 9 booklet?)

The Stovepipe includes a design feature that never makes sense to me. Notice that there is a top swedge but only right under where your thumb might go.

Last edited:
It just brings to mind the bizarre Viele Phoenix Red Sprint that "only" sold for $450 MSRP ($294 MAP)..

Viele Phoenix VG-10 Red G-10 Sprint Run was released in March 2021 for a MAP (street) price of $315! That’s for VG-10 and G-10. Ridiculous! Still available at many dealers but they’re allowed to sell it for less. I’ve seen it as low as $250 now. I’d pay $150 tops.

C260TIP_Both.png
It's a factory version of a custom I am familiar with. It's also overpriced, outsourced, and leans too hard into style over function. It is, at least, something new.

It just brings to mind the bizarre Viele Phoenix Red Sprint that "only" sold for $450 MSRP ($315 MAP).

Viele Phoenix VG-10 Red G-10 Sprint Run was released in March 2021 for a MAP (street) price of $315!

I guess it's obvious that math was NEVER my best subject. Prior inaccurate MAP pricing posted corrected. LOL! ;)

Last edited:
Back