Photos 2023 BladeForum's Traditional Folder

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tend to find the majority of GEC jigging to be too... I don't know... Uniform I suppose? Even on their more randomly jigged patterns.

When it comes to jigging on production knives I personally don't think anyone tops Case.

zEr2DIV.jpg

That's some great jigging !

I prefer a more random jigging as well. GEC comes close to the old Peachseed, if they left it a bit les smoothed over it would beb closer

I wish they could or would recreate the jigging like on this VOOS Arrow

20231107_102640.jpg

20231107_102542.jpg

Great picture! Is this at the bison range north of Missoula?

Thanks !
It's a nature park in Quebec called Parc Omega.
We have visited it many times since our girls were very young.
This may be the last time for a while that all of us got to go together as their lives are getting increasingly busy with university, work, travel etc
We really enjoyed it :)

Lunch time at the park
0PC8e4v.jpg

I am a pretty vocal critic of GEC's jigging. For as secretive as they are about their processes, the bulk of their results aren't anything to write home about. Case definitely does a better job. I just wish they would stop using so many garish dyes - just keep it old school. That Swayback is a superb example.

I agree on all counts. What typically breaks my heart with Case is when I find a pattern/cover option that I love, only to find out it's only available in their Tru Sharp. :(

That's some great jigging !

I prefer a more random jigging as well. GEC comes close to the old Peachseed, if they left it a bit les smoothed over it would beb closer

I wish they could or would recreate the jigging like on this VOOS Arrow

View attachment 2382590

View attachment 2382589

Wow!!! Now THAT is some jigging! I really enjoy it when the jigging goes all the way to the bolster. It's so rare to see the jigging all the way to the edge like that. Just beautiful!

CelloDan CelloDan
It might be my imagination...but are you cowering on the floor of the car...trying vainly to fend off that monster bovine....shhhh maybe he won't see us...😆...ME I would have fed him the avocado and been trampled....Great pic.

lol 😅, I admit that it was a just a bit unnerving there for a second 😨 :D

The dude was breathing right in my face and the slobber was dripping all over the car door ... and he had a mild case of halitosis too 😁
aaJrX6u.jpg

Later on in the day I had more relaxing encounters with other forest dwellers who agreed to posing for pictures in exchange for a bag full of carrots :)

spwbafQ.jpg

PQvLpSx.jpg

HPdfJpu.jpg

fYzai6W.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back